Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

NEW FIREHAWK HERE!!! NEwb questions. pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEW FIREHAWK HERE!!! NEwb questions. pls help.

New to this FIREHAWK. couple newb questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to my '01 T/A Firehawk (A4) and have a couple "newb" questions i'd like answered. I've had a 95 T/A (m6) already but these are firehawk specific questions. I'm wondering:

1) Is the SLP(over the axle) exhaust on it considered a loudmouth in that year?

and

2) What type of 1/4 time would I get with this bad-boy? No track near here at all

2001 T/A firehawk (#c007): 335hp(rated), A4, not sure about whether auburn diff. or not, but has slp intake and exhaust. Probably Bilstein and NOT 1le judging by how it feels. Like I said, NEWB!!!

*any help with the 0-60 and 1/4 times on these cars would be GREATY appreciated.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably will get more info and answers on the Firehawk site.

www.firehawk.org

Good bunch of guys there that are fanatic about their Hawks.

Jon
Old 08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

1) No.

Search SLPOnline.com for Loudmouth info. The car most likely came with what was referred to as the 'Dual-Dual' which had SLP's stainless muffler. This exhaust system flows pretty well. Not worthy of changing to other systems with a simialr 'muffler'. CHange to a real 'loudmouth I' or 'Loudmouth II', maybe, ..., but a lot more noise, ...

2) Same as most any other typical 2001-2002 Trans Am.

Check your passenger side door for an SLP tag. It will list which SLP options it specifically came with. Then you'll know if it has either Bilstein or 1LE, or the Auburn diff.

Curious what you mean by 'SLP' intake. Does it simply have an SLP aftermarket airlid?

Get it registered at Firehawkowners.com. And register & post pics at Firehawk.com.