Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

a message to all bird owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to explain. I for one, totally understand.

My biggest problem is with my wife when she keeps saying that these are high school cars. I sold one because of that statement. Another big mistake. That one was a 2002 SOM W68 V6 A4. I really wish I still had that one too. Now I just don't listen to her anymore. Well, I know where the guy lives that bought it....
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't listen to her.... when I went to buy my bird... I had a woman say, "Oh.... no.... that's the car in Smokey and the Bandit movie..... you don't want one of those."

I told her, "You apparently haven't seen one in years. They look nothing like that now!!!!"

After I bought it and showed to her.... she says, "WOW..... it certainly is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
These cars just "fit me" somehow. I can't really explain it. It just feels right when I'm behind the wheel.
No need to explain... I went down to Englishtown for a car function and my friend tossed me the keys to his C5 and was like, I don't feel like driving, you drive my car. Drove it for a few hours that day, got back, and his and another friend with a C5 asked, "so when are you putting the Formula up for sale?" I laughed and shook my head. Completely different than the f-body is an understatement, but not in a way that really did anything. No matter all the valvetrain noise, squeaks and rattles, clunks from the rear, etc... the f-body has some type of personality that is absent from other cars. If I have to sell it for some reason, in the end it is just a car and can be replaced, but the only thing to replace it would be another f-body.

-J
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my fair share of fun cars, but the TA just never gets old for me. Ive had it almost three years now and have never put so much time...and money into a car as my bird or time spent learning about it mainly from this site for that matter. There is just something about these cars that people are drawn too. I dont see my bird going anywhere for a very long time. Id actually like to see my kids drive its not a fully bulit race car by then, but prob not....I like being able to drive it on the street to much.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man....when i was done paying off my 2000 ws.6 it was awsome....no more car payment. more money for mods. i wanted to wait about a year and than buy a Vette. well, 2 months later, i bought the Formula hardtop. just something about these cars. nevermind the aching back from driving in an uncomfortable position....or the noisey engine....cheap plastic interior....who cares!!! nothing like raw HP to get your blood pumpin.
BUT....reality, is reality, so if the oppurtunity ever came up that id be able to make some money on either one of my cars, money talks.