Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

First Pics of STS install

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 427C5
...Forged...CHECK Explain to me how a forged motor has anything to do with spool time?

... Higher Stall....CHECK. Calling a 2600 stall high is a pathetic argument...But since your being a tool fine, I know of two STS guys who run stock converters and both of them were putting down in excess of 7xxrwhp @ 15psi, one guy had his truck's in the low 11's and the other was mid 10's. Both were stock LQ4's excluding springs, neither motor was forged or stroked.
And turbo's love LOAD, so high stalling an STS turbo or any turbo is a dumb idea to begin with unless your building a specific set-up for the strip.

...I doubt it. But, I'm not going to call you a liar. Well that's a relief...

...OEM's have the money to design proper systems, they don't have to engineer band aids after the fact. Whoever's *** your kissing isn't gonna work on here.

...All of those factors cannot overcome the distance between the turbos and the engine. Sorry guy, I've driven multiple STS cars and I know the boost delivery is pathetic compared to front mounts and PD blowers.
Than your naive... I would bother to explain why it's not as big of a deal as you portray the extra piping to be but I think your swinging on too many people's nuts to even care to understand.
Keep your PD Blowers to yourself as they have no business in a discussion comparing spool time between front mount and rear mounts.

Just because you've driven multiple STS cars doesn't mean Sounds to me like you've driven multiple poorly designed set-ups or set-ups designed with different goals in mind.

...So, you are saying ECS and the Vette Doctors don't know what they are doing ???? If they are claiming the same stuff than you do than yes, which also leads me to assume that your just regurgitating what they say. Why don't you do a little of your own research instead of sucking off someone else's nuts and claim that something doesn't work because someone else doesn't like it. It takes more work to make any high HP system work properly than it does to just call it a day and call something a POS. Any tool can bolt on a system and say "Oops doesn't make much power and does spool very fast, blah blah blah." Spend a little more time to make it right and with trade-offs an STS will work just as well as a front mount. Why do I say this...because I did it, not because I read about it or heard about it from other people.

Lie to yourself as much as you want, but when you try to bull$hit other people in public forums, your bull$hit will be exposed EVERY time.
Rear mounts can't compete with front mounts or PD blowers.

OMG aren't you a tool!
There are many ways to make power and claiming one's better than any other will always make you look like a useless regurgitating tool bag. There are plenty of STS guys making just as much power as guys with Front mounts or PD blowers. It all comes down to taste and how you want to do it.
I'd spend a little more time reading up on turbo's and tuning before you make a bigger *** of yourself.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Definitely keep us posted. Now that the APS kits are no longer available, this may be the only twin option if they mass produce it.
What happened to APS?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
What happened to APS?
Not really sure.. all I know is that their twin setup is on hold, and lots of people don't like the guy who runs APS.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

If you guys want a twin turbo, reach out to Turbo Technologies.
AT LEAST, look into Techco because I believe their twin screw will prove to be the best solution for the G8 and Camaro.
http://www.dpmmedia.com/techco/photos/corvettesc/
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...eo-inside.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjwAa-1Gjc

If you absolutely need something TODAY, the TVS2300 is a good option.

Not really sure.. all I know is that their twin setup is on hold, and lots of people don't like the guy who runs APS.
That guy has a history of stealing from members. $100,000 in deposits for openers. Buyer Beware.

Originally Posted by Spoolin

No one is saying rear mounts outperform front mounts even though that argument would be completely pointless to begin with.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm glad you got ONE thing right in this thread.....front mounts DO outperform rear mounts.

As for responding to tools that want to push INFERIOR products like STS and TRY to descredit people who have been building **** for years (like me)....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by 427C5; 06-05-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

i dont know enough people with turbo/supercharger setups to judge for myself, so the net is my best source. anyone with a boosted G8 that wants to give me a ride, let me know
If you were out here I'd see if my buddy would give you a ride in his. He's the West coast Rep for Magna charger and he's selling his G8 GT with a TVS1900 on it. That thing is absolutely AWESOME!! We were going sideways from a dead stop until about 80mph. I can tell you that the newer TVS don't die up top like the old 112 and 122HH used to. Very cool!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:32 AM

OP, the build is looking great! Good luck getting the tires to hook
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

im kind of interested in their argument. as someone who is looking into a G8 and has the intention of going twin turbo, it's nice to see both sides.
It's no argument.

Go drive any system back to back with a STS and the answer is clear.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im kind of interested in their argument. as someone who is looking into a G8 and has the intention of going twin turbo, it's nice to see both sides.
Gen TT makes a twin turbo system for the G8 too so that would be another option.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
As was stated before, the way a car "feels" is a bad way to pick the best system.
Agreed.
But, the boost gauge, the dyno, and my ***, all told me the same thing.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Here are some more pics for those who are intrested!
Attached Thumbnails First Pics of STS install-sts-06-01.jpg   First Pics of STS install-sts-06-02.jpg   First Pics of STS install-sts-06-08.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

cool looks like your on the home stretch you must be pumped
Old 06-08-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by G8GT721
cool looks like your on the home stretch you must be pumped
x 2!
How much boost you looking to run and what are you power goals?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

They are going to start off low 5psi on just pump gas, then with meth we are gonna try to break 600rw with 10 psi. There stock 01 ZO6 makes 570 on just 7psi no meth so it should be intresting.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can we say sleeper car.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Looks great, dude! If you have my luck you'll finish it up just in time for about 2 weeks worth of unpredicted rain, lol. Can't wait to see the final results and numbers!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Looks great, dude! If you have my luck you'll finish it up just in time for about 2 weeks worth of unpredicted rain, lol. Can't wait to see the final results and numbers!
Damn we have about the same luck LOL. Yea they have to send the pipes to have the jigs made now, so it will prob be a month or so till it is complete. Thats fine though I work so much right now I wouldnt be able to enjoy it anyway.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome!! I think 600rwhp should be achievable at 10psi and meth. It's gonna be a blast! make sure you post vids when you get it done!!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

So, how is this setup working out?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
13 Second Truck Club

wow!!!!!! i just went through 5 pages of bullsh*t thinking i might see some dyno numbers this kinda reminds me like on youtube when people argue about which car manufacturer is the best. Alright guys punch it out
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 427C5
I can afford to go to the best.
I think ECS can get the most out of a STS.
But, thanks, shadetree mechanic.

As far as your excuse that you took off your STS and sold it "to pay for flood damage": I don't need to sell parts off of my car to pay for home repairs.
I can afford to pay for A or V flood insurance or contractors.
Also, my "projects" don't get towed away when mistaken for trash like your last car did.

I have no problems with people wasting their times with experimenting with radical new ideas like rear mounts. Just don't waste our time telling us lies that they perform as well as the others on the street.
Anyone who knows there **** will call you out for saying the STS performs as well as a front mount or PD blower.

HAHA, this is pathetic! Unlike you, I don't use my car as a measuring stick to see how big my dick is. As far as I'm concerned a car/truck is a tool used to learn from and enjoy and take pride in blood and sweat invested, not a standard to see where I've gotten in life or how much better I am than everyone else. I'm not that pathetically shallow!
And FYI, I been making a six figure salary since I was 22 and bought two houses by the age of 25 worth a combined value of 1.05 million. So if I wanted to I could afford to have overpriced shops do work for me (which I have before) or been driving supercars in my 20's but I have a little more financial sense than that. Oh and I've worked it out to where I only work 4-5 months a year which leaves me (uhh-ohhh big math going on here) 7-8 months of vacation a year. Go try and impress someone else with your delusion of self-importance.

And if your referring to this (which you obviously are)...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...project-2.html

I am not ashamed in the least bit that I do my own work for better or worse. And sometimes things happen that are beyond my control and that's just the way it goes. But thank you for whatever it was you were trying to point out!

You have no credibility, no respect, and no friends on here, please join a site where people are more easily impressed by your grand illusions and buy into your idiocy.

Quick Reply: First Pics of STS install