G6 GTP - Questions on pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009 | 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Default G6 GTP - Questions on pricing?

Today we closed the deal on a 2009 Malibu, base, stickered for $22k and change

got it for $14.7k between my GM Employee, rebates, C4C etc

I'm happy.

Now my brother is looking at a used car, at the same dealership. So we have the "we just bought a car from you" going for us. Also I think they might be less likely to sell it, since it's not new and wouldn't be able to use for Cash for Clunkers.

Anyways, it's a 2006 Pontiac GTP, black, loaded up. 36k miles on it. Auto. Original tires, a few blemishes on the paint. Needs brakes (rears at least). Guy traded it in on a new Camaro.

I haven't a clue what it's worth? Their asking $14k and some change...any ideas?
Old 08-01-2009 | 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

This is a G8 fourm and not for G6's. Not to be a hater but this goes at least for me and most people I know.

The G6's are pieces of **** and I would avoid them. Only thing they are good for are rentals.
Old 08-01-2009 | 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
This is a G8 fourm and not for G6's. Not to be a hater but this goes at least for me and most people I know.

The G6's are pieces of **** and I would avoid them. Only thing they are good for are rentals.
Yes, I can read.

Thank you for the very helpful post.
Old 08-07-2009 | 10:20 PM
Restricted User

Sorry Z28, but you don't know what you're talking about.

The G6 is a great little car. Especially the GTP. My wife has a 2006 that just hit 70k miles, and has had ZERO issues of any kind. It's been a perfect car for her. Good looking, huge interior (for the size of the car), and the car can move something wicked (for a FWD V6 of course). Not to mention that routine maintenance is a breeze thanks to everything being laid out really well (i.e. the oil filter that you actually have enough room to get TWO HANDS around to spin).

G6's are very reliable cars...the only known consistent issues with these cars are the electric power steering (only applies to I4 "value leader" base models) and the easy-to-warp brake rotors.

$14k is about right for a 2006 with good mileage. Though with Pontiac being discontinued you should be able to negotiate a good break off that price.

Quick Reply: G6 GTP - Questions on pricing?