Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

New 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce another G8 to the LS world.

I picked up my 2009 G8 GT with 48k in late April from a dealer in Rochester, NY. I compromised my desire for the sport/premium packages because I found my 1st choice in color, stryker blue, and it happened to be a 2009.5 with bluetooth. Plus, it was bone stock except for tint.

The G8 replaced my 2006 Monte Carlo SS which I absolutely loved but the performance was limited (FWD and a known weak trans but mine never had an issue even at 100k and plenty of hard driving). Plus my son was born April 26th so the 2 doors were going to be a PITA.

The modding began immediately because I don't think I've ever heard a quieter stock V8 in my life. 2 cats, 2 pup cats, mid muffler and 2 giant stock mufflers WTF!? So, I decided to wake her up by installing a Vararam intake and OBX 3'' headers w/3'' X-pipe and stock axleback. It sounded so much better but the stock mufflers were still holding back the aggressive tone I was looking for. A week later, my Solo j-pipe axlebacks arrived. Holy ****! This thing screams at WOT now. Then I decided to pick up an inTune and went with a custom tune through Lewis Eaton (DiabLew) who previously tuned my Monte Carlo via data logging and emails. I know, it's not as good as a dyno tune but it's pretty close. Also tuned out DOD because **** DOD!

Next year, I plan to go with a DOD delete/cam package. Not sure how aggressive I want to go with the cam but I'm leaning towards keeping the stock stall so I might contact Rick Crawford and have him spec out a cam. After that, a dyno tune at New Era Performance in Rochester.

I already love this car and it is a huge upgrade in performance from what I had.
Attached Thumbnails New 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue-g8.jpg  

Last edited by JessmoMonteSS; 08-07-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:22 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! I, too, plan on the Vararam. How was the install on that?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Awesome! I, too, plan on the Vararam. How was the install on that?
Not bad at all. Hardest part was getting it to fit perfect. Just takes a little adjusting....and patience lol.

Quick Reply: New 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue