Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Sell Fbody for a G8?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
Well... progressively harder to find them in good shape anyway.
Ok can't argue with that. Also if I had the chance I would trade my 420rwh f-body for a stock g8 in a heartbeat. In my opinion it is a much better car overall.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IZRED
The GXP's LS3 will be supercharged is the last thing I have heard, anybody else know any different?
i would be pissed if they supercharged a 6.2 and it only had 402 HP... when they introduced it a couple of months ago, they said it was a 6.2 LS3.... no supercharger...
Old 05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
i would be pissed if they supercharged a 6.2 and it only had 402 HP... when they introduced it a couple of months ago, they said it was a 6.2 LS3.... no supercharger...
I'm pretty sure it's underrated, not only that, how can a supercharged LS3 have less horses than a vette's non-supercharged LS3?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

that was my point...
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned

The 2009 Camaro is a still-born . Hang on to those F-bodies , their gonna be worth a lot when GM kills the still-born Camaro .Word is that the few that come down the pipe-line (probably only fifteen hundred or so ) will be it ! Those lucky few will have a gold mine & that will cause the 02's price to jump .
Old 05-26-2008, 01:20 AM
12 Second Club

whose word??
Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Yea Im intrested in knowing whos word as well . My gf has almost convinced me to keep it and that she would help me fix the stuff wrong with it so i can go another year maybe two with it since we just bought a home.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
The 2009 Camaro is a still-born . Hang on to those F-bodies , their gonna be worth a lot when GM kills the still-born Camaro .Word is that the few that come down the pipe-line (probably only fifteen hundred or so ) will be it ! Those lucky few will have a gold mine & that will cause the 02's price to jump .
Even considering as much as I hate the new Camaro, I would hate to see that happen. If it does.... and I think that be likely..... it would probably be the final swan song for the Camaro. (and any potential Firebird project as well.)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

fix what's wrong with your f-body and keep it. I'm keeping mine even if i do get a G8, just go out and make more money =)

new camaro likely won't be a high production vehicle.... F-body is gone, hang on to it as long as you can.... even if my motor blew i'd keep mine

i know how you feel about the little crap going wrong with it... i just put new poly motor mounts on mine, did the plugs, new poly tranny mount and gonna get my true duals run out the back.

F-body is a great platform!!! keep it!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IZRED
I'm pretty sure it's underrated, not only that, how can a supercharged LS3 have less horses than a vette's non-supercharged LS3?
The GXP will not be blown....end of story. It is just getting the LS3 from the vette.

As for the OP, I had the choice of actually selling my TA to put funds towards the G8 but I decided against it. For me, I have too much time and effort in the bird to sell it for far less than it is worth to me mentally. With that said, if I was to sell the bird, I would have waited for the GXP but since I already have a toy, I didn't feel the need to go all out.

The G8 is a very different car than the F-body for obvious reasons but if you made the switch, you would really enjoy the good points of the G8, but still miss the FBody for sentimental reasons.

Fbody's are getting up there in age and this car will be brand new...and feel it. My TA is 11 years old but I still love the thing.

Tough choice but good luck.

-Brian
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well... progressively harder to find them in good shape anyway.
*******-A; it took me >6 months to find a >'00 Black SS M6 w/ low miles in great condition, in my price range (I gave up trying to find a >'00 Black M6 WS6). In a lil less then 1 1/2 yrs it will be paid off. Right now I'm at about 89K miles and she is still running like a crazy bitch (knock on wood). I say if you own your F-Body or if you're really close to it; **** it, keep it and get somehting else. I have a beater '00 Blazer and putts around in and keep my car as a toy. I have plans for that bitch .

Nothing else, in my price range, really catches my interest. the new CTS-V looks like hot sex but i sure as hell can't afford it. I never test drove a G8; and even tho i'm sure it is also a bitch im not too keen on 4-drs. As far as the new camaro goes..., IMO.

there is just something about the F-Body; idk what it is. Maybe b/c it is really the last of a dying breed. Keep your F-Body and get a G8, don't sell it for it!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
The GXP will not be blown....end of story. It is just getting the LS3 from the vette.

As for the OP, I had the choice of actually selling my TA to put funds towards the G8 but I decided against it. For me, I have too much time and effort in the bird to sell it for far less than it is worth to me mentally. With that said, if I was to sell the bird, I would have waited for the GXP but since I already have a toy, I didn't feel the need to go all out.

The G8 is a very different car than the F-body for obvious reasons but if you made the switch, you would really enjoy the good points of the G8, but still miss the FBody for sentimental reasons.

Fbody's are getting up there in age and this car will be brand new...and feel it. My TA is 11 years old but I still love the thing.

Tough choice but good luck.

-Brian
Thanks for the info on the engine. I heard it was going to be supercharged. Oh well, I'm still getting one.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

no 4 door for me thanx
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

The fastest G8 will probably be "better" in every way than a stock, like-new F-Body, but you sure as hell wont see me giving up mine for a souped-up family car.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ Ditto..... the G8 certinly isn't better looking than a Firebird, Trans Am or a Camaro. (The new Camaro certinly can't hold a candle to our 4th gens.)

About the only car I would even consider "trading" for would be a new vette.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

^^^^ Ditto..... the G8 certinly isn't better looking than a Firebird, Trans Am or a Camaro. (The new Camaro certinly can't hold a candle to our 4th gens.)

About the only car I would even consider "trading" for would be a new vette.
DITTO !
Even though my 02 Vert is six years old , it looks & drives like new . I particularly like the proportions of that body style . I also think it still looks modern and actually better looking that most of the newer vehicles on the road .
Call me biased , but I also think that because of the perfect proportions of our late model F-bodies , that in ten or twenty years from now , they will be considered as popular as the first generation Camaro's are today !
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i love driving my G8. I miss my WS6 though. But this car drives a lot better then my WS6
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Fix the little things wrong....then sell it for a new LS3 Camaro or at the very least wait for the LS3 GXP.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have a G8...yet, but I have driven one...I'm telling you compared what most of our modded f-bodies are to drive the G8 will be a sweatheart. You are comparing apples to oranges they are very different. You can modify the G8 to be a straight line performer/hotrod like most of our f-bodies, but pontiac actually went after europe with this car. Its already a very good handling car, but with some of the aftermarket parts available this thing will flat out handle for a 4000lb car. 4 door or not, with a few hp mods and some suspension work it will offer FAR more utility than an f-body while offering up much of the performance and fun...talk about a nice little sleeper car.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

I had the same question...sell my WS6 and get a G8 GT? God works in mysterious wayes my friends. Girl friend gets in rear ender, insurance totals car.....boyfriend suggests G8 GT. SOLD

Quick Reply: Sell Fbody for a G8?