Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Fucking pontiac GTO... problem with water leak flooding car

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lord, that '97 ws6 is so sleek and sexy looking. If it were legal to marry a car, that would be my bitch. I dream of one day restoring one of those just like the pic. The only changes will be a supercharged LSX motor, along with weld draglites for wheels.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Johnny, I have this same user name on ls1gto. Do a search under my name and find my thread asking about this, it's a fairly recent thread. Some posted a link to an actual TSB for this problem. I'm at work so I can't link it now but if I remember when I get home I'll do it.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

will do. checking it out now.
just curious, what is a TSB
Old 03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

technical service bulliten
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298511
theres the link.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

ahh yes. I copied that onto a zip drive, along with the threads talking about the leaks, pics of the leaking areas, etc, when i went to pontiac to have ti fixed. They still basically told me to go F myself, and hand over some dough for them to fix it.

i was pissed to say the least. They **** up building something, dont stand behind their product, and then tell me to spend a few hundred to fix their **** up.... and they wonder why GM is having trouble.

i called the service department manager and told him all fo this, and then emailed him all the **** i had, the threads, the pics, the PDF from holden, etc.... he said he never heard of it and called gm and they knew nothing of it. he said to bring it in monday to take a look at. i am sure i will get the run around again. I think this guy was full of it about not knowing anything about the leak or tyhe announcement.

We will see what happens. Do any of you fellas work for GM or pontiac? Maybe someone can give me a hand?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

sorry, took me a while ot get back here. I had everyhting out, seats, carpet all plastif panes, the front fender, the front inner fender, the rocker, i almost took the door off too, but found it before i got there haha. Not sure if i needed ot do all that, but i did. The dealership had it 4 times for a total of a month and never found it, it took me a good solid day of messing with everything.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BoostedLT5
sorry, took me a while ot get back here. I had everyhting out, seats, carpet all plastif panes, the front fender, the front inner fender, the rocker, i almost took the door off too, but found it before i got there haha. Not sure if i needed ot do all that, but i did. The dealership had it 4 times for a total of a month and never found it, it took me a good solid day of messing with everything.
You were about to tell us about the pics you took of the hole, and then post them....RIGHT??

dont tell me you did all that and didnt take pics!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

HAha i was to frustrated to take pics, it was down around where the body seam where the lower part of the fender bolts to the frame. What was happeneing was the tire was spraying the water up and it was filling the rocker with water, then the rocker panel was overflowing into the floor pan.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

aarrgggg
Old 04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

I'm Sorry
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

its ok. lol. it just seems that all the pics so far dont really show any "opening", and since u were all up in the cars guts, i was hoping you had real pics.

it happens. i have forgotten to do so many things when i should have (car wise and other) that later i was shaking my head.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Teching In

The only time I have ever seen a place water "might" enter the car is in plain view. Wash your car then open the door to dry the door sill. If you look at the rubber weather strip it will be holding water in the V portion of it. Every other car I have paid any attention to in this area the weather strip had drain holes in it. The GTO (my 04 atleast) does not. That being said I have never had any problems.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:55 PM

Default Please help

Originally Posted by GTO KROH
ill give you a call here later......as far as those plugs pull a few out and get a hose and spray water up in to get all the crap out of the rocker..........
I know where the water gets in at.... thats why ill give you a call......i couldntfind the spot myself till me and the water leak tech stumbled upon it.....checked a few other gtos and all the ones i have checked have it..... i should have got some pics of it because this is becoming a very common problem with these cars ..
....I'm getting water in my driver side floor ever time it rains coming from rocker or driver door toward front side of door and Rocker how do I fix it ????? Please help
Old 11-21-2016, 11:56 PM

**** water in my driver floor
Old 12-05-2016, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The silicone on the vapor barrier is not sealed completely. This page will help you remove the door panel: http://evtransam.com/gto/ Once the door panel is off, seal the vapor barrier to the door completely. Also be sure the drain holes in the door are not plugged. You can also seal the speaker and its housing, just to be sure. If the vapor barrier (part discontinued) is badly damaged, you can get heavy duty vinyl from any fabric store, Home Depot, or hardware store and cut to fit. I used this to seal mine (Permatex 80855 Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant, 11 oz.): https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8085.../dp/B000HBNUFO

Last edited by Jontall; 12-05-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Fucking pontiac GTO... problem with water leak flooding car