Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO being serviced again

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO being serviced again

Yup looks like ill be without my car for a week or so. Rear end is howling like mad (was replaced two months ago). There is a clunk in the front right when turning and i run over any bump. The paint is coming off the passenger side door handle. The finish is coming off the GTO body piece above the exhaust tips. They are also going to check the rear springs, cause i'm positive they are sagging like grandma. So all in all I hate that i've had so many small issues with this thing but i wouldn't trade the goat for anything. I also got a compliment on the Lous Short Stick, the guy who pulled the car in the bay knew what it was so that somehow made me feel better. I got a rental for the week to. A 2009 Malibu LT 4 banger with 5k miles. I got to say im very impressed with it. Well rant over for now, ill keep you guys updated and hopefully the dealer doesn't try to pull anything.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oshia86
Yup looks like ill be without my car for a week or so. Rear end is howling like mad (was replaced two months ago). There is a clunk in the front right when turning and i run over any bump. The paint is coming off the passenger side door handle. The finish is coming off the GTO body piece above the exhaust tips. They are also going to check the rear springs, cause i'm positive they are sagging like grandma. So all in all I hate that i've had so many small issues with this thing but i wouldn't trade the goat for anything. I also got a compliment on the Lous Short Stick, the guy who pulled the car in the bay knew what it was so that somehow made me feel better. I got a rental for the week to. A 2009 Malibu LT 4 banger with 5k miles. I got to say im very impressed with it. Well rant over for now, ill keep you guys updated and hopefully the dealer doesn't try to pull anything.
so......it's a normal gto....JK...

good luck with the repairs...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Launching!

So the dealer called back today and said this time it isnt the rear end that is whining but it is something in the transmission that is causing the ruckus. Thats the only update i got so far .
Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oshia86
So the dealer called back today and said this time it isnt the rear end that is whining but it is something in the transmission that is causing the ruckus. Thats the only update i got so far .
i sounds like they dont know what it is good luck dude my dad went through this hassle with his C5
Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Ha this is funny, so i stop by today to check on the car and they said it is in fact the rear end that is bad and they are waiting on a new one. That's gotta be some kind of record... A rear lasted me about 2 months. Well as a present to myself i ordered the Vararam intake today just to help myself cope with the loss.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Well got the car back today. For the first time the rear doesn't howl like crazy. They couldn't reproduce the noise in the front while turning or the squeak in the rear, but i am sure its time for some pedders stock height springs and an alignment. Glad to have some power and noise again as the Malibu got boring. Everything else is fixed fine.

Quick Reply: GTO being serviced again