Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

cradle damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cradle damage

I am looking at an 04 GTO that has a salvage title supposedly from cradle damage. Does that sound correct that damage to the cradle could cause it to have a salvage title? What exactly does the cradle even do? As you can tell I dont know much about GTO's. Is there a good possibility that this could cause problems further down the road if I were to purchase the car? The car has since been fixed and has 50,000 miles, leather, and is in good condition and priced at $11,500 if I get the price down a little bit does this sound like a good deal?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its hard to say. You need to have it up in the air on a lift and get someone to look at it with you that you know and inspect the car. The cars are unibody so cradle damage can happen pretty easily. Just look it all over adn see what all new parts were put on, check the k-member out, all front and rear suspension, check for wrinkles in top of car, check the strut towers, firewall, trunk alignment, and things like that. Did it say it was the front or rear cradle???

Last edited by DMONICGTO; 06-04-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: cradle damage