Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Bolt pattern?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes on the hub, no on the lug nuts.

There is hair widths difference between the two bolt patterns, perfectly within tolerance of each other. Lug nuts will seat perfectly fine.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rob!

-SS
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob
There is hair widths difference between the two bolt patterns, perfectly within tolerance of each other. Lug nuts will seat perfectly fine.
You must be used to horrible tolerances and fat hairs. An acceptable tolerance would be in the thousandths of an inch (+/- 0.00XX"). The difference between the bolt pattern is in the hundredths of an inch (0.025") and that's not including any manufacturing tolerances.

The lug nuts don't seat "perfectly fine". I've checked it myself on my own GTO with wheels that had hubrings sized for both the wheel's ID and the hub's OD.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by itslow
You must be used to horrible tolerances and fat hairs. An acceptable tolerance would be in the thousandths of an inch (+/- 0.00XX"). The difference between the bolt pattern is in the hundredths of an inch (0.025") and that's not including any manufacturing tolerances.
I think you'll find that tolerances for wheels are a little bigger. If I was machining anything, then yes, those would be out to lunch.
Originally Posted by itslow
The lug nuts don't seat "perfectly fine". I've checked it myself on my own GTO with wheels that had hubrings sized for both the wheel's ID and the hub's OD.
That may be the case for you but I didn't have any problems seating the lug nuts. There are plenty of others that have been running F-Body or Vette wheels for years with no problems.

To each its own, if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. It's been done countless times with success.

Quick Reply: Bolt pattern?