Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Would you buy this? What would you offer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009 | 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Would you buy this? What would you offer?

Theres a Manaro for sale locally (GTO for those of you in denial lol) that i'm contimplating. It has low miles and runs perfect, and has the ONLY reason i want one of these cars; the red leather interior. Looks, these car slack. But as a DD, i would love to be in that interior all day. Anyway, it has a salvaged title. Needs new facia and quarter panel. But hes only asking $8500. Im thinking i can maybe offer $6500 becuase hes kinda desperate, and he keeps lowering the price. Double din is nice, but needs to be finished. Needs body panels. Needs new grills. I want to do the RA6 wide body, if i can get the car for $6500 i could justify doing that body kit. Look it over let me know what you think.

one thing that scares me, he said through email it was salvaged because of a front end conversion. Then he re-listed it and he said its salvaged because of a theft recovery. Could be related but it doesn't seem very forth-coming as if hes hiding something. I guess I'll just have to ask for a carfax. But its another tool i can use in bargaining.
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSCF1353.jpg
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Car looks good to me, Needs a little work but nothing that would not make me want to buy it.... The stearing wheel has to got for damn sure..... Other than that the car seems solid.... I cant see it being a salvage with that minimal of damage, More than likely they salvaged it because of theft recovery.... But all in all you can get your money and them some just parting it out.... The engine and trans alone are probably worth about 4500 to 5K.... Id jump on it, 6500 is a good starting offer...
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by breze84
Car looks good to me, Needs a little work but nothing that would not make me want to buy it.... The stearing wheel has to got for damn sure..... Other than that the car seems solid.... I cant see it being a salvage with that minimal of damage, More than likely they salvaged it because of theft recovery.... But all in all you can get your money and them some just parting it out.... The engine and trans alone are probably worth about 4500 to 5K.... Id jump on it, 6500 is a good starting offer...
Well, its a 2004,only the LS1 which i dont mean to undermind by any means, its just that the hot ticket in these cars are the LS2. Still, worth probably $3700 +/- He got a good deal on the 6.0 rear valence off a wrecked car, and his trunk was damaged so he took it too. I'll take off the badge if i buy it but i AM glad he has the 6.0 valence. I hate the 2004 side-by-side set up.
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:37 PM
Launching!

No. It has a salvage title AND the owner is a sketch ball. Personally...I wouldn't buy a salvage title vehicle, regardless of how good a deal it is. You don't want to be the one holding the bag when the time comes to sell it.

I agree it would be worth buying and parting out though if you have time/money to spare (assuming everything runs/works).
Old 09-30-2009 | 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnlv6
No. It has a salvage title AND the owner is a sketch ball. Personally...I wouldn't buy a salvage title vehicle, regardless of how good a deal it is. You don't want to be the one holding the bag when the time comes to sell it.

I agree it would be worth buying and parting out though if you have time/money to spare (assuming everything runs/works).
The car is in good condition, i will sit down with the owner and go over the carfax and the repair history, and then i'll call the repair shops and see what they can tell me. Im not affraid of salvage titles because of resale. I dont plan on selling it and if i do i think i could still sale it just fine. Oh well if i cant. Big loss.

Quick Reply: Would you buy this? What would you offer?