Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

CD player shuts off automatically....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player shuts off automatically....

I have noticed that when i have the volume high after about say 20 or so mins the radio will just stop working. The only way to get it to go on again is to shut the car off and start it again. I dont know if its due to maybe something overheating due to the volume but i would hope not since the stock stereo in any GM car sucks no matter how many amps or speakers they say they have. Nothing is better then doin an aftermarket system especially high end alpine like i did in my 95 impala ss, i just cant see myself puttin a system in the goat because the interior in the car is so tight that if someone was to do a complete system in the car it would have all kind of noises from the interior not goin back together like it was from the factory. ANyone know of this issue or have any of u done systems in the gto without any problems whatsoever besides the usual things such as blowing a speaker.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the stock amp in the driver side of your trunk is overheating causing shutoff...but its easy to turn up..also its easy to put an aftermarket system in
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

my car does the same thing. I just turn the stereo off for a min and turn it back on.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Banned

Well If you read the Book that came with the car their is an limiter on the CD player after so many decibles the CD player shuts off to stop the cars speakers from blowing, or making the car next to you P.O. Anyway the only way to solve is a New H/U.

Quick Reply: CD player shuts off automatically....