Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Upgraded my drive shaft.... again! The right way this time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Upgraded my drive shaft.... again! The right way this time!!!

Originally I had the driveshaft shop 1000hp 200mph one piece (great driveshaft) then when I recently converted the car from M6 to 4L80E it required a different DS. I opted for another, it didn't play nice with other parts. And only lasted 300 miles, and instead of spending another $775 to fix that drive shaft, I decided to upgrade and do it right this time, so..........

Thomas aka Hendrix-Engineering in my best super hero voice..."TO THE RESCUE"

Thomas sent me his two piece chromoly / aluminum drive shaft with his new awesome one piece STEEL rear yoke with built in pinion seal protector (just as Holden also though it was important)! Two piece for the win. I guess there really is a reason that Holden did it this way, and Thomas just took it to the next level by improving it!

The yoke is incredible, it has an area recessed to allow for the ds flange to set inside to align it.

Another amazing product from Hendrix-Engineering.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like an amazing piece! How well did the 1 piece work at high speeds, that is my biggest worry with going with a one piece, I keep hearing bad things about high speeds. I have an m6 and am not trying to build a 1/4 mile car. And if you dont mind me asking, how much did that set you back?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xorg
That looks like an amazing piece! How well did the 1 piece work at high speeds, that is my biggest worry with going with a one piece, I keep hearing bad things about high speeds. I have an m6 and am not trying to build a 1/4 mile car. And if you dont mind me asking, how much did that set you back?
The aluminum one piece that I first had, worked great. There are others that complained of vibrations, but I think there were only a few that just blew it out of proportion. I then had to replace it when I converted to the 4L80E, so I opted for a carbon fiber, it only lasted 300 miles, so instead of throwing more money to fix it and still not having an answer to what was causing the damage, I opted to replace it with the two piece chromoly and a steel yoke instead of an aluminum one. Regarding pricing, it's probably best that you contact Thomas with Hendrix-Engineering.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noice!
Looks like a much better design than the rubber doughnuts.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the Driveshaft Shop one for sale?
Dom
Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chopperloco
Is the Driveshaft Shop one for sale?
Dom
sold it a few months ago to a local, and he is loving it!

Quick Reply: Upgraded my drive shaft.... again! The right way this time!!!