Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Cool air intake squeeze

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only Issue I had with my Vararam install was it needed a 12" pigtail extension for the MAF sensor. Patrick sent it right out and we were cooking with high heat after that. I used some hose insulation to make the seal tighter and dress up the appearance a bit. No hose rub, or any other issues.
My car is an 06' A4.

Here are some pics.
Best looking intake on the market?....probably not, but it flows better (According to tests) than the others and it's a straight shot in.
Either way, it's in there now and performs fine.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Has anyone done a back to back comparison of the Svede intake VS. something like a K&N CAI...just curious how much one of these is really worth.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charger453
Has anyone done a back to back comparison of the Svede intake VS. something like a K&N CAI...just curious how much one of these is really worth.
There have been several that made the change from the VR and many from other intakes. None that I know of have gone the other way as they liked the difference. A lot of them drag race and care about real world performance over dyno claims. On a stock car I'd doubt there's a big difference outside of appearance but as HP ramps up the difference becomes more apparent. 0-60N3, Daniel Linnett and LS1Melissa switched, run in the 10s and are serious about their cars. The "traditional" intakes have their well documented issues with engine bay heat and long intake paths. "Heat shields" are a joke on some of the big name ones. The VR shortens that path but does nothing for the biggest restriction which is the 85mm MAF on a LS2 that needs to fit in the VR filter. The LS2 obviously has a 90mm TB and many for whatever reason go even bigger and still keep the same little MAF. With the SS OTRCAI you can use any MAF up to 100mm, pull air from in front of the radiator and have a short direct path to the TB much like a lid on a fBody.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Teching In

I was just curious on back to back #'s. I have an LS1 with heads, cam, and 90mm fast intake/tb. It's something I may look into down the road. It sure looks good!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:02 PM

Just a couple points: my Vararam did not have the thick rubber on top, I was not willing to trash my shroud as you did and I wonder how much air is delivered via the small slit you left, my unit rubbed on the hood insulation and had enough downward pressure that the tray forced my upper radiator hose to contact the wire guide boss on the driver-side and rub through the hose, the only thing I can think of that could have been different enough to make the unit unusable is that the engine may be at more of an upward angle?? I was very disappointed that I could not make it work. Both Vararam and the retailer were very cooperative and understanding. I am hoping that SVEDE will be available soon.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM

There is a "?" on my posts. How do I get a picture to show?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Teching In

I really like my OTR intake.Sorry for the not so good pictures.

And congrats to Svede on the mass production of his intake.He really did work hard and do a bunch of testing to make a product that nobody else would produce for the GTO crowd.OTR intake is the way to go it has been proven time and time again.
Attached Thumbnails Cool air intake squeeze-otr-pictures-002.jpg   Cool air intake squeeze-otr-pictures-003.jpg   Cool air intake squeeze-otr-pictures-004.jpg   Cool air intake squeeze-otr-pictures-007.jpg   Cool air intake squeeze-otr-pictures-006.jpg  

Old 10-24-2010, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^
nice work...can i have that S/C? haha

i am trying to decided between a MP122 or a TVS1900...which that looks like a 1900 to me, but i could be wrong
Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
^^^
nice work...can i have that S/C? haha

i am trying to decided between a MP122 or a TVS1900...which that looks like a 1900 to me, but i could be wrong
Yes it is a 1900.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charger453
Charger,
I did a track test with the only mod change being a K&N CAI to the Svede.
At the time I only had a Corsa Sport Catback.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=38

Quick Reply: Cool air intake squeeze