Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

irriation

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by massillongoat
agreed it is a very nice piece i'm not bashing it at all...if I would have found it for 150 i woulda bought it too...but I used to have a k and n so this is a huge step up for me...and there will be no thread my car is broke...i've built serveral motors ls based so I think i can figure anything out that i need to address
Good to know.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

I think the closer is the better to the tb i may be wrong but i've heard the closer the better throttle response I haven't really driving it yet...I'll let you know in a few days turner is supposed to come tune the car friday so we'll see
Having the mass air meter in front of the throttle body would improve air velocity since it takes away that 90 degree bend. I'm all for it, however the problem is the mass air flow sensor should have at least a 4 inch distance from the throttle blade in order to avoid turbulence. Even though on a naturally aspirated engine this is not that big of a deal, on a forced induction application it is. Less turbulence in the air stream will result in cleaner MAF signals which is critical in partial throttle driving. This is part of the reason the screen is there from the factory 85mm mass, to straighten the air and reduce turbulence. I know the C5 Z06 didn't come with one, however the PCM tuning on the MAF transfer curve was accounted for.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kornerz
no way man, most of the guys on that site need to get off their high horse and realize they drive pontiac gto's.....not ferrari gto's
Well said
Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

agreed i'm all for if you can do it the cheap way and fab something and make it look right instead of hood rigged more power too you
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

I"m venting because i'm rather irriated...I posted on ls1gto.com about getting the vararam to fit on my 04 gto...thinking ppl would be like bad *** how did you do it....wrong... everyone bashed me saying I should have bought the svede...bc on the 04 the vararam doesnt suck from the hood...news flash it doesn't on 05s either...the scoops are low pressure zones which do not promote air flow...so inturn the vararam is just like the svede they both suck from the grills also i'm gonna be fabbing up ducts to direct the air to the vararam...and completely seal the hood from the intake...
Hey man, I'd love to see some pics of how it came out if you could post them up.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not a problem there on my cell I'll have to figured out how to up load them up on here
Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

I had the Vararam on my old '05 GTO. Looked pretty damn good but it was a pia when trying to get a tune down due to the air flow readings bouncing all over. I did get a lot of crap from everyone about it being useless and whatnot but it's a good idea. Just needed some tweaking. I ended up selling it to a guy on the other board. Never heard how it turned out for him.

Quick Reply: irriation