Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Muffler Delete Help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skidooingit
No where did I state huge gains to be had, and second over stock cats an x pipe setup will free up hp on a completely stock car. So whats with the additude instead of banging ur head u should firmly stuff it up ur ACE
Don't fret, I have an answer for that.

LoL I couldnt agree more... dont hack up a nice system for straight pipes.... put in a catless x-pipe and u will like the sound and power increase.
Oh look, there it is. Telling somebody they would like the power increase is like telling them there's going to be increase in power enough to feel it. Wrong. Even on a highly modified car, the increases from something like that would be minimal. On the car in question, we're talking about an increase of MAYBE 2 hp. Can your butt dyno feel that? Highly doubt it. Mine cant.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mustang owners must finally be able to afford GTOs, huh?
It's about quality of the sound, not quantity.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thehazz12
Don't fret, I have an answer for that.

Oh look, there it is. Telling somebody they would like the power increase is like telling them there's going to be increase in power enough to feel it. Wrong. Even on a highly modified car, the increases from something like that would be minimal. On the car in question, we're talking about an increase of MAYBE 2 hp. Can your butt dyno feel that? Highly doubt it. Mine cant.

Take ur little oil changing tire rotating apprentice a** back to the lube rack I am not here on this site to argue with some little lube boy... I have better things to do with my ASE master tech certs. Get off this site u little
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Take ur little oil changing tire rotating apprentice a** back to the lube rack I am not here on this site to argue with some little lube boy... I have better things to do with my ASE master tech certs. Get off this site u little
Ermegerd!!! ASE!!! I surrender. (Side note: Congrats on the transmissions cert. Heard that was a toughy...)

So...no rebuttle? Did I win?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah u win the biggest stroke of the day award u stl b*tches r all the same just a bunch a butt hurt homos bring ur car to the chi and then we will see who wins... put ur money where ur mouth is ... oh thats right on that jiffy lube salary u wont have gas to get here let alone race. Lol have a good one lube b*tch
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Okay so I will let the battle of the mechanics just be the elephant in the room and will continue to help the OP

The exhaust you have is what you have. If you are going to start to remove mufflers you more as well sell the borla and hack up the oem.

I run the lm2 on my car and its stupid loud without the mufflers and does not really have a desirable tone. It's just noise
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah u win the biggest stroke of the day award u stl b*tches r all the same just a bunch a butt hurt homos bring ur car to the chi and then we will see who wins... put ur money where ur mouth is ... oh thats right on that jiffy lube salary u wont have gas to get here let alone race. Lol have a good one lube b*tch
Why must we resort to immature behavior and name calling?

Originally Posted by gtfodave
Okay so I will let the battle of the mechanics just be the elephant in the room and will continue to help the OP

The exhaust you have is what you have. If you are going to start to remove mufflers you more as well sell the borla and hack up the oem.

I run the lm2 on my car and its stupid loud without the mufflers and does not really have a desirable tone. It's just noise
Who claimed to be a mechanic? Not I. I tried to help. I put in my $.02. But Mr. Master Cert Skidoo had to start all kinds of name calling and talking some nonsense about me working as a lube tech. Not sure where he's gotten his information from, but I don't work in the automotive field. Not yet anyways...
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

For what its worth OP, Ive got a cam only car with no mufflers, no cats, stock manifolds, and only resonators left lol. Theyre right...sounds rough...albeit at SOME RPMS it has its moments when it does ok. Its been that way for a year cause I got back into buying guns (especially as of late) and money went to other things. Just do what YOU think sounds best, feels best and damn everything else. If a fart can suits your fancy, then go for it. I personally love the Spintech mufflers. The "catback" is the largest waste of money I think I've ever seen someone pay for unless the **** comes shiny as hell. Just buy the mufflers YOU think sound best (spend a few hours on YouTube) and get a local good ole' boy that knows how to lay a weld put em on. Good luck!

Last edited by GoatPilot87; 01-26-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: drunk spellign
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Launching!

hate it or love it i just wanted more noise stock was too quiet and waiting to get headers and electric cutout eventually , not going to spend 2k on the exhaust like i did on my impala, what MY plans are as for setup is a quiet exhaust for neighborhood driving but loud and obnoxious when i want it when i cam it... this will do for now... just need tips didnt want to modify anything on the stock flange back mufflers incase i return to oem or sell them...
100 bucks... flange back 2.5in piping, noise? louder than stock, not too loud unless going wot and pops after letting off the throttle from wot, i like it so thats all that matters to me

Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Looks like ****, definitely sounds like ****, and it is just shitty.
FYI: You could buy pacesetters and a catback and still spend less than $2,000.

I don't understand you children. "My car is so quiet, let me **** the exhaust up and put on straight pipes!"
Why?

My Corvette is quiet. What am I doing? Headers, first. Which actually makes sense, since you gain power, lose weight, and add sound. But that makes sense, which is why you didn't do that.

Last edited by audacious nick; 02-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Looks like ****, definitely sounds like ****, and it is just shitty.
FYI: You could buy pacesetters and a catback and still spend less than $2,000.

I don't understand you children. "My car is so quiet, let me **** the exhaust up and put on straight pipes!"
Why?

My Corvette is quiet. What am I doing? Headers, first. Which actually makes sense, since you gain power, lose weight, and add sound. But that makes sense, which is why you didn't do that.
Lmao cool story bro, thank you for your OPINION
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, just from looking at it it probably sounds like a redneck's chopped exhaust on his 87 ford

Shoulda kept the Borla and put that 100$ towards either headers, cat deletes, or a cam. All 3 of which will make your car louder AND faster.

This reminds me of a mod I did when I was 16...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSGoat
Lmao cool story bro, thank you for your OPINION
Why didn't you just remove the midpipe altogether? Then hang the O2 sensor in front of the open manifold? You'd lose weight and gain that shitty sound that you like! Or just remove the mufflers and open mids. Since you plan on buying tips, glue them to the bumper.

And correct, it is my opinion. However, it is also the opinion of almost everyone over the age of 16, with knowledge of cars and exhausts, as well.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Launching!

I actually want more weight for more traction, and I needed the tips to come out so I can collect exhaust samples easily, being in California the regulations are just bananas!
But I do plan on JB welding the tips to the bumper, I'm thinking maybe some 5 inch tips I saw on a diesel truck sounded awesome! I know the tips will make mine sound the same

Well maybe next year when I have my sweet 16 hopefully daddy buys me a z06 and ill have moar knowlidge
Crossing my fingers!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Launching!

It literally takes 10 minutes to remove the stock mufflers. Anyone considering doing a muffler delete should just pull the stock mufflers and drive around for a day or two.

It sounds like crap. Its raspy and pops a bunch when you let off throttle.

I found a Bassani catback on CL for $300 and I think it sounds pretty damn good. Not terribly loud, but I wasn't looking for loud. Some long tubes would help a lot and would actually gain some power.
Muffler delete will not gain any power at all, will only attract police officers and women from trailer parks.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSGoat
I actually want more weight for more traction, and I needed the tips to come out so I can collect exhaust samples easily, being in California the regulations are just bananas!
But I do plan on JB welding the tips to the bumper, I'm thinking maybe some 5 inch tips I saw on a diesel truck sounded awesome! I know the tips will make mine sound the same

Well maybe next year when I have my sweet 16 hopefully daddy buys me a z06 and ill have moar knowlidge
Crossing my fingers!
Someone sounds butt hurt.

Don't act like you weren't seeking approval from the group after you only get criticized.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Someone sounds butt hurt.

Don't act like you weren't seeking approval from the group after you only get criticized.
Got me a whole tube of a&d butt cream today I think ill be fine
My original post clearly starts with love it or hate it, I thought it was pretty clear?
hey I made a new member post you guys should go post your opinions there aswell I'd surely love that
I need advice on brakes, every time I stop at a light my parking brake seems weaker when I pull it :/
Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nichoms
It literally takes 10 minutes to remove the stock mufflers. Anyone considering doing a muffler delete should just pull the stock mufflers and drive around for a day or two.

It sounds like crap. Its raspy and pops a bunch when you let off throttle.

I found a Bassani catback on CL for $300 and I think it sounds pretty damn good. Not terribly loud, but I wasn't looking for loud. Some long tubes would help a lot and would actually gain some power.
Muffler delete will not gain any power at all, will only attract police officers and women from trailer parks.
Thanks for the input, I'm not looking for power gains from the exhaust as of now till I actually start modding it, im not tracking it or racing on the streets or will be any time soon, it's all stock aside from the drop in k&n filter
As for sound it does pop alot but I'm pretty happy with how much louder it is compared to stock, and who doesn't love trailer park ladiesssss
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make power not noise!

Quick Reply: Muffler Delete Help needed.