Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Good Deal/GI on a 2006 BOM Roller

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal/GI on a 2006 BOM Roller

Bought my 06 Brazen Orange Metallic a few months ago and never posted up. It came with Kooks Long tube headers, catless mids, Magnaflow stainless catback, LS2 accessories except water pump, Engine harness, Aluminum aftermarket radiator, and all AC still connected, 1000hp rated driveshaft, 1000hp axles, 8.8 install kit, and an aluminum Cobra 8.8 Diff. Car has 72K miles on it, and I still haven't signed over the title from the original owner (still shows 94 miles). I paid $9500 for it which I thought was pretty good considering the same 1 owner decent mile mint car in that color never never never comes up with a clean title. I'd imagine if one did it would be in the $7-8K range judging from what I've seen ones with damage go for, and this had all the stuff I was going to have to buy anyways to meet my Forced induction goals.

Dual purpose post I guess, I'm happy with the price I paid, but am considering switching sides of my internal Bought Vs Built debate. I've always hated having a car I didn't do myself due to the inevitable "what did YOU do to it" question, but I can never build a Turbo FRC Vette or GTO on my pay grade (E6 Air Force), so I am considering buying one that someone else is loosing their *** on. Kindof looking to show the car/quit lurking, and also see what peoples opinions are on if it would sell without losing money on it and what kind of interest there would be. Clarification: Not for sale YET, but there is an STS FRC that I am eyeing, and a legitimate offer of breaking even could sway me if I decide to buy the Vette.
Attached Thumbnails Good Deal/GI on a 2006 BOM Roller-2012-12-10_10-34-46_204.jpg   Good Deal/GI on a 2006 BOM Roller-463_10151730403997345_676199097_n.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah, If I finish this build I have an Iron 6.0 LQ4 in the garage that had rod bolt stretch in my Z28 last year with a T56. I've gotten the crank turned and balanced to an 07 set of LS2 Pistons/Rods all ready to assemble. Trying to find a D1SC for it and will run it on low boost while I build my other 6.0 fully forged. T56 is a rebuilt F-body unit I picked up thinking the gearing should be better for a boost motor when I was considering turbo.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Body looks good on it , just got my wife an auto 04 , paid 10 for hers with 91k full exhaust and intake and tune. Me I have had multiple ls cars and I always like building over buying built already ,tho it cost more you have a piece of mind knowing the quality of the work and what has been truely done to it. If you do decide to part out or sell the roller let me know. Good luck either way u go.

Quick Reply: Good Deal/GI on a 2006 BOM Roller