Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Bought a GTO yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car reminds me of my 05 GTO with same color and SAP...quad exhausts.
My mods were JHP sport gauges, chrome LED taillights, L-T headers, X pipe and spoiler delete.

Traded it in for an 04 Corvette convertible. Dealer gave me 18K for the goat on 9/16/11.

It had 36K miles on it.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatRider
Your car reminds me of my 05 GTO with same color and SAP...quad exhausts.
My mods were JHP sport gauges, chrome LED taillights, L-T headers, X pipe and spoiler delete.

Traded it in for an 04 Corvette convertible. Dealer gave me 18K for the goat on 9/16/11.

It had 36K miles on it.
Oh how prices have fallen like a rock. You'd be lucky to get 15K now.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Sick car hope you love it.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new Goat! Looks real nice!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do absolutely love it so far. My only issue right now is a loose auto shifter ****. I havent checked into it but I know theres a screw on the back side that locks it into place and the screw feels tight but the shifter is loose around it and on the stick persiod. The seller had it checked out at the dealer when they bought it in 2011 and i have an invoice where the dealer claims they fixed the issue by tapping the hole and putting a new screw in but it still is loose. Im sure with some enginuity I can fix it. It feels like it has play inside and doesnt fit the stick tight so i may need to make a bushing. ONLY complaint...Oh and I get 18.9 mpg mixed driving with a moderate foot...Wish it was more but Ill take that drop any day over drivng the toy car boosted honda i drove daily haha
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 PM

Nice pick up. GTO prices are all over the place. I've had a few dealers try and buy mine off of me. Word is in a few years these are gonna fetch a good penny.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BringinDaBEEF
Nice pick up. GTO prices are all over the place. I've had a few dealers try and buy mine off of me. Word is in a few years these are gonna fetch a good penny.

I hope ur right! I can say I'm very pleased with the car. Nothing has turned me off so far.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoHope
Very clean ride. Interior leather looks like it's in decent shape but starting to crack, goes without saying, but you'll want to do all you can to preserve that, replacing those big thick seats is VERY expensive.

Personally, I never was able to dig the new GTO look, but yours is clean and a rather rare color, so it would catch my eye. Every time I see a GTO I look to see if it's the V6 or the 5.7, I have much respect for the 6.0 GTO's, those are the ones that can definitely kick my car's ***. I love the sound of that 6.0 too.

You have any plans to mod this car? Share details!
Er...wat? v6??? Next time you see a GTO with a v6 take a quick picture and share it with the world.
It's clear that you have very little knowledge on these cars if you think there's a v6 model and if you write the little 5.7's off so easily.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

^I had a dealer tell my friend his 04 was a motor swap since according to them they were factory with a V6....some people

The 6.0 sounding better is false the 5.7 sounds much better/louder stock and they both sound very close with any aftermarket cat back on. Actually most LS2 owners prefer LS1 style exhaust because of the mufflers being more under the car then right at the back by the tips like they are stock on LS2s.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

i dont have that issue...I haz no muffs. MUAHAHAHA and it sounds NASTY!

NASTY good.

and for some reason my fiance is randomly coming up with reasons to drive it...I was like " dude, i havent even had it a week and id kinda like to drive it for a while." Shes like, well i got to see about the new key anda few other things while ur at work tm..bla bla bluurrr..

SMH

But I cant say much. She bought it for me as a wedding/birthday/christmas/easter gift lmao

Quick Reply: Bought a GTO yesterday!