Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

West Coast Speed... Are they still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^months. I think mine took three.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

I must have read hundreds of post like this about spencer. We need to get someone better that wants to do business right and get those parts done for us. Until then, I recommend everyone to buy are your own risk. Hell you can even make this a sticky.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO_Cape
I must have read hundreds of post like this about spencer. We need to get someone better that wants to do business right and get those parts done for us. Until then, I recommend everyone to buy are your own risk. Hell you can even make this a sticky.
I don't see the risk since he has delivered every time.

They are made to order and not only is it is common knowledge they take a long time to make, but also that Spencer is very busy and doesn't respond to PMs right away.

I still haven't gotten an E-mail back from Geoff @ EPS that I sent when my cam was supposed to be done Monday (4 weeks) at the latest (EDIT: oops, that never got sent, it's still a draft in my mail account). The point is it's a custom made to order part. With Spencer, Call Him, PM him, E-mail him until he answers, but realize it must be tiring answering updates for people when they should know its going to take a long time. If your part doesn't show up in time then I would send a polite E-mail and if it still doesn't show up a week or two later and he doesn't respond then by all means blow his phone up.

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 06-14-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tjs114
I just ordered bought and received my "Svede" in under a week.

Ordered June 1st in a custom color...installed and tuned June 8th. PM if you want details.
Well that's BS I ordered mine in march and I'm still ******* waiting!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cancel your order and go with the guy making these by hand. Guy charges $400 and you'll have it in less than a week. He was selling them on one of the GTO facebook pages. Several have got them now and they are said to be great quality. The instructions are out there on how to make one also if you know how to fiberglass. Spenser has another company make his and they only do 1 a day, if that. There are plenty of other solutions so not sure why people continue to wait on him.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cubezilla
Paid them on 04/09/13 for some SAP replica grilles 265$
I immediatley got a email with a opened account with them and a payment confirmation to a Spencer Wainwright. But havent heard from them since. Ive called and left a message and emailed them and i'm still waiting....

Just wondering how long some of you have waited for the grilles to show.
I ordered the same and received mine in 4 weeks. The quality was excellent, the only regret was the wait. When I PM'ed him on the GTO site, he responded immediately with a call. Quality was excellent, public relations a little slow, do it again? Only if not in a hurry, just wish I could get my hands on a Svede without the wait...
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 AM
11 Second Club

Look for the AweSpeed intake. Guy is making the Svede intakes himself and they are quality. I know a guy wanting to trade it for gears.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

still waiting on grilles i ordered March of this year
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Teching In

I last posted on here 6/11, it's now 7/26; it's been a smidge over 2 months since I placed my order for a Svede. While I'm not happy it takes so long, (a) he does have a note on his website indicating they take a while, and (b) I'm not in a screaming hurry. But this still makes me very hesitant to order anything else from him in the future. It does seem as though everyone who orders something from him does get it.... eventually...

Last edited by marcjac; 07-26-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: wrong date
Old 07-26-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Ordered a Fast Acting IAT sensor and received it within 3 days.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 PM

I placed an order on November 21st 2013. Waited till after Christmas to start e-mailing and calling. Never got a response. Called several times during business hour, left several voice mails. Finally got a response on Jan 8th 2014 saying that my order should be shipped by the end of that week which would have been Jan 10th. Still nothing. It's not the wait that is the problem, its the HORRIFIC customer service skills. He should definitely think about hiring someone to keep customers updated on where their shipment is.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Restricted User

Ordered a set of grilles. Tried calling several times, PMing several times, emailing several times. I think he responded to 1 message out of probably 20 times I tried contacting him.

After a few months they just showed up at the shop. Decent quality but there's more to business than just products
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eric_cspan
Ordered a set of grilles. Tried calling several times, PMing several times, emailing several times. I think he responded to 1 message out of probably 20 times I tried contacting him.

After a few months they just showed up at the shop. Decent quality but there's more to business than just products
I ordered a Carbon Fiber Svede Speed. $650. Spencer literally forgot about me for 6 months.

I had to make a huge fuss in the Facebook group for it to get handled and then he says he doesn't have any carbon fiber ones and might never have them again so I told him to send me a black one.

He sends me a bare plastic piece of crap without refunding me $200. I was livid. So I make another fuss in the Facebook group, he refunds me my money but says these are the new 'improved' ones (cheaper to make and look like crap) and there are no more gloss black ones. Just bare plastic.

Oh and he forgot my IAT sensor so I had to contact him a third time to get my order completed 6 months after I ordered it.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So overall, how would you rate your experience with West Coast Speed?

buahaha Damn. Glad im too ok with my stock grills
Old 03-17-2014, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
So overall, how would you rate your experience with West Coast Speed?

buahaha Damn. Glad im too ok with my stock grills
Slightly better than getting my money from that Nigerian Prince
Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 409cisecondgen
slightly better than getting my money from that nigerian prince
win.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing I would every buy and have bought from Spencer is the fast acting IAT sensor. He seems to get those out quickly (at least he did for me). If I wanted a Svede style intake, I'd buy used, or that ebay knockoff
Old 04-20-2014, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

what is wrong with them they don't respond to emails , it has been almost 2 months . are they still in business ?
Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

I have tried calling a few times now myself. ordered some grilles and the order status always says processing. I've only ordered 2 weeks ago but i wish i had seen this thread first. My car goes in for paint next tuesday, and it's really looking like im not going to be getting any grilles painted this go around
Old 08-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Why waste your time......

Quick Reply: West Coast Speed... Are they still in business?