Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Any experience with skip shift eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by desertgoat
You know, one of those superbly assembled Canadian built supercars with warping brake rotors, crappy power window motors, dash long enough to land a 747 on, interior build quality of a Geo, uncomfortable hump in my passenger floorwell for the catalytic converter, non-existent power hatch release, weak 7&5/8ths 10 bolt rear end, creaking T-Topped fine piece of automotive sculpture known as an F-Body.

MXR, that is the best description of an F Body I have read in a long time! LOL! You just described my 1994 Chevy Camaro perfectly, a car that I still own, still love dearly, and drive daily so my GTo gets only a weekend workout. My Camaro's power window stopped working 2 years after I bought it. What a POS!

I doubt if anyone here really believes Mr. fat daddy actually had the dinero to buy a GTO. Maybe a die cast model from Toys-R-Us! If you believe him then I have another story to tell you. Nicole Kidman, Lindsay Lohan, and myself had the most awesome menage-a-trois last night!!!

ha ha ha
You don't know me! You want to post pay stubs we can see who has the money for what!! You people act like the car is a flippen Laborghini or something!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FattdaddyWS6
You don't know me! You want to post pay stubs we can see who has the money for what!! You people act like the car is a flippen Laborghini or something!
Personally I would like to hear if you actually did own an '04 GTO and decided to take the approximate $5k hit you would to trade it back in, what the logical and justifiable reasons were for such. So far the tone of your posts hasn't proven that you seem old enough to drive, let alone give any points that would back your original statement.
I don't think my car is a Lamborghini - but I do think it's the most comfortable and best built car I've ever driven or ridden in. That list includes many Cadillacs, Lincolns, Mercedez, BMW's and Porsches - as well as vette's and f-bodies. I'd really like to hear other honest opinions of problems with the car if they exist. I think the car isn't selling well due to lack of marketing and it being a 'niche' type vehicle that hasn't found it's niche quite yet. I hope it does.
Dan
Old 07-28-2004, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
Personally I would like to hear if you actually did own an '04 GTO and decided to take the approximate $5k hit you would to trade it back in, what the logical and justifiable reasons were for such. So far the tone of your posts hasn't proven that you seem old enough to drive, let alone give any points that would back your original statement.
I don't think my car is a Lamborghini - but I do think it's the most comfortable and best built car I've ever driven or ridden in. That list includes many Cadillacs, Lincolns, Mercedez, BMW's and Porsches - as well as vette's and f-bodies. I'd really like to hear other honest opinions of problems with the car if they exist. I think the car isn't selling well due to lack of marketing and it being a 'niche' type vehicle that hasn't found it's niche quite yet. I hope it does.
Dan
Dan, I appreciate that you posted stating facts and not bashing me! My attitude in the posts were hostile becuase I felt like my personal life was being persecuted just because I didn't like your car, and that isn't fair. Now with that said I had problems mechanically with the GTO ( Tranny A4 would slip back and fourth from 1 to 2 gear while driving at lower speeds) after several repairs I had the option to trade it back using the Lemon law we have in effect in this state! But At that point I no longer wanted the GTO you see I found other problems with the car than the ones I had with the tranny! The biggest for me was the fact that it just didn't do it for me like I thought the more I looked at it the more it looked like a mid-90s mustang and that wasn't what I wanted! It also didn't give me that feeling when I drove it, you know the one were you think your baddest thing one the road. Like the F-bodies do, I'm sorry but to me the this car should have not been badged the GTO and I think people want a car that was origanal and just flat out badass like the ones of old! Not a hand me down from Australia!!

Last edited by FattdaddyWS6; 07-28-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FattdaddyWS6
Dan, I appreciate that you posted stating facts and not bashing me! My in the posts were hostile becuase I felt like me personal life being persecuted just because I did like your car, and that isn't fair. Now with that said I had problems mechanically with the GTO ( Tranny A4 would slip back and fourth from 1 to 2 gear while driving at lower speeds) after several repairs I had the option to trade it back using the Lemon law we have in effect in this state! But At that point I no longer want the GTO you see I found other problems with the car than the ones I had with the tranny! The biggest for me was the fact that it just didn't do it for me like I thought the more I looked at it the more it looked like a mid-90s mustang and that wasn't what I wanted! It also didn't give me that feeling when I drove it, you know the one were you think your baddest thing one the road. Like the F-bodies do, I'm sorry but to me the this car should have not been badged the GTO and I think people want a car that was origanal and just flat out badass like the ones of old! Not a hand me down from Australia!!
NP - I appreciate the response. I personally have never been a big attention getter - so driving the GTO I 'feel' like the king of the road - even though nobody may know it. That's exactly what I like. I've never been much on the GTO=GOD syndrome regarding the old GTO's. I grew up a Mopar guy. I love the LS1 and the potential for power it has. I haven't had any build issues and the car feels solid - not like anything built in the US in a long time. Now that I've had my GTO for 4 months - I have no interest in any other cars I can afford. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's just hard to believe others don't share that opinion and that's why I'm interested in those opposing views.
Dan
Old 07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Hard to believe a person who uses the incorrect word "terd" to describe the GTO is actually capable of somewhat intelligent conversation after all.

When you come to these forums mouthing off and dissing the car we love dearly in such an unprofessional manner, expect a retaliation in return. You wanna play internet thug? Well so can we. You want to be a jerk, well I can play that game too.

If you want a meaningful and productive discussion on the pros and cons of the GTO, then I'm receptive to that as well.

You only get what you dish out. Tit for tat, ying for yang. I can give as good, if not better, as I get.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Default CAGS location for skip shift installation

Just need a quick tip to locate the CAGS wiring harness for installation. It was probably staring me in the face....

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
Only mod I've done to my car. Ordered it from LS1speed.com (they're a sponsor here>). The skip shift isn't near as intrusive as it is on many other cars - I only had it engage once where I was actually shifting (although when i'm in traffic and staying in first it would come on - doesn't obviously bother me).
When you put the eliminator on the lights on the dash still come on - it just locks the solenoid from engaging.
I even had it on the car when I took it in to have the TSB for the 'knock' or 'thunk' in the rear end fixed - didn't have anything said to me about it.
Dan
Old 08-27-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the middle of the driver's side of the transmission.

Quick Reply: Any experience with skip shift eliminator?