Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

fast 102 install issues *high idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast 102 install issues *high idle

Just installed a fast 102 setup on my ls1 goat. I'm having an issue with the idle hanging up at around 2200 rpm after getting on it and staying there until I pump the brakes. I'm getting a check engine light for tps sensor and map sensor. I don't appear to have any vacuum leaks that I can tell I checked everywhere. It seems the tb is sucking excessive amounts of air when idling at 2200 rpm making a whistle noise. Possibly need a retune? Any help is appreciated
Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the whistling and high idle really sounds like a vacuum leak... what tb are you running? I'd take some carb cleaner and spray around the tb and shell and see if the idle picks up or not when it doesn you found the leak

also did you reset the tps to find 0% throttle when the blade is closed? check to make sure the pins of the map connector didnt get bent when plugging it in as i know that will also cause some serious issues
Old 08-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redbird555
the whistling and high idle really sounds like a vacuum leak... what tb are you running? I'd take some carb cleaner and spray around the tb and shell and see if the idle picks up or not when it doesn you found the leak

What would explain the engine codes? The whistle is coming from inside the tb from what I observed. I've sprayed every nook and cranny with carb cleaner with no avail. The car was previously tune on HP tuners I'm wondering I've maybe the tuned needs adjustment? Also when the car idles back down to norm if I disconnect the tps it shoots back up to 2200 rpm not sure on the brand of tb its a 102 on a fast 102 manifold
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I reset the tps seems to help for a bit then gets out of wack again. I'll check the map connection tho haven't done that yet.

Quick Reply: fast 102 install issues *high idle