Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Magnacharger + a few other ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnacharger + a few other ?s

I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting a GTO as my daily driver. I currently have a c5 with a D1 procharger putting down 650+RWP. I have put a ton of time and money into this car (and I recently smashed it up a bit at the track).

The daily drivability of the c5 is still decent, but it's just not that great when sitting in traffic ... and working the agressive clutch.

I love the ls1 motor and already have a significant amount of personal experience tunning and modding it. I even have an extra built short block sitting in my garage.

The GTO seems like an obvious choice for me, but my wife is going to make me get an a4 so she can drive it (she hates not being able to drive the c5) and I think it would be better for a daily driver.

I know I will want something a little more stout than stock performance once I have put some miles on it, so the magnacharger seems like an ideal setup for a daily driver,

Does anyone know when the magacharger kit is suppose to hit the market?

Also, is there some GTO specific forums out there with some good info?

One last question, what is a fair price to pay for one of these things. Are the dealers still trying to get sticker.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Myself and a few others have gotten one for GM supplier price-31,180+tax. That's for the M6
Old 05-28-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ls1gto.com is the best new GTO specific site.
Detroit area dealers have automatics sitting taking GMS or supplier pricing if you qualify. If not, I'm sure they are dealing. There's a sponsor at the site I mentioned in Texas that's dealing also.
Dan
Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

31+ for an M6? seems like you paid more than GMS...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2692 and go to 7th post. My pops was quoted even lower than that

Chris
Old 05-31-2004, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GMS is different than supplier pricing. GMS is employee - GM supplier is markup over GMS and is for suppliers to GM - not employees or their family. 31,179 is what I payed with the supplier pricing also.
Dan
Old 05-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Banned

I test drove a automatic GTO before buying the 6speed. Automatic was a great car maybe not as fast, but for all out racing the automatic is the way to go. Stock the automatic is the perfict daily driver, the left side of my hip is sore from driving so much lol.