Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

M6 needs a Dead Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 needs a Dead Pedal

I think the manual transmission car needs a dead pedal for the driver's left foot. I can't really find anyplace good to rest my size 13 foot when I'm not using the clutch. I kind of slide it under and left of the clutch pedal, but I cannot remove it smoothly. I wish one of the aftermarket suppliers would make a nice dead pedal to mount to the left panel. It should be of the same or similar drilled aluminum as the other pedals. It would also have to be well-designed with an appropriate bracket or bushings, because the left panel does not appear solid enough to simply bolt it to the panel. Any of you aftermarket suppliers out there working on a dead pedal? You got my vote (and my bucks) if you do . . .
Old 06-13-2004, 02:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Someone on LS1GTO.com came up with a cheap dead pedal install for 04 GTOs, you might want to search there.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the '05 is supposedly going to have one so you should be able to get one from GM soon. i read about making one and thought about doing it but when i got my car i wondered what the fuss was about. i like stretching out my left leg and would probably take it out if there was one.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Teching In

Default I can explain why it doesn't have one!

I live in Australia and the reason why the LHD's don't have a dead pedal is because when the Holden VT Commodore (Body GTO is based from) was designed non-isometrical, so in other words, there's was simply not enough room in the smaller of the two footwells. Hope that sheds light on the subject.

Cheers,

Mitchell Drysdale

Quick Reply: M6 needs a Dead Pedal