Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Going from supercharger to twin or single turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I now have forged internals and all arp hardware in my engine. I also gapped the top rings to 0.026” and 2nd rings to 0.028”. I have je forged turbo pistons and liberty performance h beam rods with arp 2000 bolts. Just installed my ls9 head gaskets with arp studs yesterday. This motor should be able to handle whatever I throw at it, hopefully. I’m waiting on my intake gaskets to get here so I can install my intake manifold which is a professional products typhoon intake. I guess my hp goal has increased due to now having a forged bottom end and I’ll be going towards 700 for now.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

I now have the engine assembled and installed in the car.I tried to weld up some truck manifolds for my turbo but failed miserably, i suck at welding and all i had was a stick welder. wasted money on pipe and other material. luckily i found a guy locally that has done many ls hot sides and does clean work. he said he would be able to start in a week so I'm waiting on that for now. after the hot sides done i can fill her up with oil and try starting it up! i still haven't upgraded the fuel system yet, i just want to make sure it starts and has oil pressure, then its fuel time, which i decided to go with a single walbro 450 in tank pump for the stock bucket and a set of GENUINE deka siemens 80lb injectors. gonna keep it return less for now and see what happens. After all that ill send it to tune and see what the tuner thinks ill need. For far its been 5 months since i started the project. here's some more pics of the progress.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

You should update this thread unless you have another one..............
Old 05-07-2019, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
You should update this thread unless you have another one..............
Yeah ur right, my other thread about fuel is starting to turn into this one this one lol.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Hot side is done! Just have to finish the down pipe and recirculate the wastegate to it. My fuel system is on its way. I ordered some -8 and -6 steel braided hose with fittings, a boost reference fuel pressure regulator, walbro 450 fuel pump, 80lb injectors from snake eater performance I’ve finally decided to go full return. I still have to install my o2 sensors on the manifolds and wide band once the down pipe is done

my fuel stuff will be here Friday. Can’t wait to get that out of the way.