Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

05 TT GTO intermittent stumble/ dying

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 TT GTO intermittent stumble/ dying

hello all , I have a 05 gto that I did a full forged TT build on and everything was going well thru the tuning process and all of a sudden car is acting up . It will stumble at idle and sometimes die and seems throttle has no input when it's trying to die either.. if I take off is 1st gear normally and about to push clutch in it engine will cut off it seems like then right back on .. seems to happen more when car is warmed up .. this seems like something electrical and definitely not tune related .

Car does have e40 ecm with ID1700x injectors with a scaled SD tune

Any thoughts and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine had the same EXACT symptoms when the MAP senor was going bad. Are you running a 2.5 bar MAP? Also, how much was your tune scaled and did you make sure to scale every single table with airflow (there is about 30 of them)? Or did you just change the Stoich table for scaling?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
Mine had the same EXACT symptoms when the MAP senor was going bad. Are you running a 2.5 bar MAP? Also, how much was your tune scaled and did you make sure to scale every single table with airflow (there is about 30 of them)? Or did you just change the Stoich table for scaling?
I am running the dpe 2.5bar map , I will replace map to see if ot changes .. i thought possibly map harness but never thought of map itsself since it was new .and yes tune is scaled properly.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts

Map sensor.
iat sensor-bad connection...a wire was pushed out of my connector and it was doing this
maf sensor if you are running one.

check connections. Run a log and see if the info jives.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Ill check the IAT sensor as well.. ( spliced into my old maf plug , I believe its the diy autotune one gm fast responce) i do have another 2.5bar map on the way as well . I do have quite a few logs since I always log everytime im in the car .

Quick Reply: 05 TT GTO intermittent stumble/ dying