Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Dash Reprogramming - Remove Service Vehicle Soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Reprogramming - Remove Service Vehicle Soon

Have an 05 m6 40K miles, had to get a new ECU resulting in the Service Vehicle Soon to come on. I have taken it to 2 dealers and they say there is nothing wrong, no codes no nothing so they dont know how to turn it off. They changed the oil pressure sender but that didnt work. The car runs great and just passed Smog. Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2022, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Socalgoat
Have an 05 m6 40K miles, had to get a new ECU resulting in the Service Vehicle Soon to come on. I have taken it to 2 dealers and they say there is nothing wrong, no codes no nothing so they dont know how to turn it off. They changed the oil pressure sender but that didnt work. The car runs great and just passed Smog. Any ideas?
Can you get away with removing the bulb? lol

Hopefully someone has a real answer for this.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 484 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Socalgoat
A dealership tech who chose to remain "sort of" anonymous for a while offered this type of service on the ls1gto site years back. Since then, it became freeware, and all you have to do is build or buy the correct adapter cable, download the correct software, and do what you want with it. However, an SVS message should be an easily identifiable problem for a dealer, so you should not have to come up with an aftermarket solution. I think the dealers just see no profit in servicing a vehicle that GM orphaned.

Quick Reply: Dash Reprogramming - Remove Service Vehicle Soon