Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

What does the fuel line from the fuel pump connect to in the tank?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default What does the fuel line from the fuel pump connect to in the tank?

I am thinking of using the GTO fuel pump bucket for an LS2 swap so that it will be easier to pass inspection. One thing I noticed in a video is that the line coming from the fuel pump itself connects to something inside the tank. This then connects with another line to the outlet on top of the entire bucket assembly. There doesn’t seem to be anything anywhere that says what is in the tank, or whether I could just connect the line from the pump directly to the top of the bucket assembly. What exactly do these lines connect to?
Old 05-17-2022, 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 484 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by StorminMatt
I am thinking of using the GTO fuel pump bucket for an LS2 swap so that it will be easier to pass inspection. One thing I noticed in a video is that the line coming from the fuel pump itself connects to something inside the tank. This then connects with another line to the outlet on top of the entire bucket assembly. There doesn’t seem to be anything anywhere that says what is in the tank, or whether I could just connect the line from the pump directly to the top of the bucket assembly. What exactly do these lines connect to?
It seems to me that when you remove said GTO fuel bucket, the answers to your questions will be in obvious plain sight.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
It seems to me that when you remove said GTO fuel bucket, the answers to your questions will be in obvious plain sight.
I don’t have a GTO tank. I’m trying to adapt the bucket to a different application.

Quick Reply: What does the fuel line from the fuel pump connect to in the tank?