Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO Ram Air Hood & Spoiler! *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"That hood, Cant you guys come up with something more original? Let it live in the past and come up with something new."

I guess the retro thing is dead huh? Someone better tell Ford not to produce their new Mustang GT.

167 GTO hoods in 54 days somebody must like them.

"Everyone's got one like it already."

Though our hood was just released in July our original conceptual drawing for our show car has been public since October '03.

"Then you copy the HSV wing, nice but unoriginal"

The only "copying" if you will, comes from the center "support". Ours does not flow through like the HSVs, the style lines are different and the shape of the spoilers "plane" is steeper amongst other details.

"Must be nice not to work too hard when everything is already done for you."

I'll pass your kind words on to our design team, of which a couple of them (borrowed from GM) are co-designers of the C6 and to the guys in R&D who spent a few hundred hours sculpting these parts out of clay for pre-production and then went on to hand build the molds.

"and thats the best you can do for the rear fascia. Okay let's concentrate on the unoriginal hood/wing and forget about the rear. The only thing I like is the front fascia, good job! "

I won't even get into the definition of "pre-production".

Opinions or criticism whether agreed upon or not are welcome any time. But when you blatantly make statements with no research, which seems to be the case here, you do nothing but hurt reputations straight across the board including yours.

I'm climbing down now.

RC
Old 08-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EDC

".... but the wing added so much weight to the trunk lid, the gas struts aren't strong enough to lift it. "

Ed
The wing you speak of is the RK Sport unit? Ours is almost a half pound (6oz's) lighter than the factory's unit. Please contact us with some details. We would like to help you figure out what the problem may be.

RK Sport Inc.
800-214-8030
Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
"That hood, Cant you guys come up with something more original? Let it live in the past and come up with something new."

I guess the retro thing is dead huh? Someone better tell Ford not to produce their new Mustang GT.

167 GTO hoods in 54 days somebody must like them.

"Everyone's got one like it already."

Though our hood was just released in July our original conceptual drawing for our show car has been public since October '03.

"Then you copy the HSV wing, nice but unoriginal"

The only "copying" if you will, comes from the center "support". Ours does not flow through like the HSVs, the style lines are different and the shape of the spoilers "plane" is steeper amongst other details.

"Must be nice not to work too hard when everything is already done for you."

I'll pass your kind words on to our design team, of which a couple of them (borrowed from GM) are co-designers of the C6 and to the guys in R&D who spent a few hundred hours sculpting these parts out of clay for pre-production and then went on to hand build the molds.

"and thats the best you can do for the rear fascia. Okay let's concentrate on the unoriginal hood/wing and forget about the rear. The only thing I like is the front fascia, good job! "

I won't even get into the definition of "pre-production".

Opinions or criticism whether agreed upon or not are welcome any time. But when you blatantly make statements with no research, which seems to be the case here, you do nothing but hurt reputations straight across the board including yours.

I'm climbing down now.

RC
My, My touchy, touchy.........

Retro huh, well the only thing about this GTO that is retro is the nameplate. Why put something retro on something that is not. All I am saying is let it live in the past. They made the hood from '67-'70 and thats where it should stop. But, to each their own. There are already a couple of other companies making similar or identical hoods. At least I didnt say your hood looks like the male sex organ. You have all these "talented engineers" and this all they can do as far as creativity. Id be a little disappointed if I were their boss. But then again, maybe their boss doesnt push originality and creativity and likes to ride the bandwagon and make the easy buck with something he knows will sell because others are already doing it. As far as the wing, well, if you put them side by side they look, um alike. Anyways, sorry I hurt your feelings with my blatant and unresearched opinions/comments. Take it for what its worth. It's just my .02 You have a lot of other guys on hear that dont like some of your pieces and your blasting only me 'cause I called you unoriginal, whatever.............

Im done with this one.

Last edited by Eric Bazan; 08-26-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Eric Bazan

Retro huh, well the only thing about this GTO that is retro is the nameplate.

Hmmm...

Powerful engine is a "plain Jane" car...

Yeah... Ok... nothing at all like the original 1964 credo...
Why put something retro on something that is not. All I am saying is let it live in the past. They made the hood from '67-'70 and thats where it should stop. But, to each their own.

That's about the only thing you said that makes any sense.

"To each their own"...

I like the RKSport set up and OWN a GTO... You don't... You wouldn't want my to start about your rattletrap F-body now do you???
There are already a couple of other companies making similar or identical hoods.

Dah... And how many companies make cowl induction hoods???
At least I didnt say your hood looks like the male sex organ.

You have all these "talented engineers" and this all they can do as far as creativity. Id be a little disappointed if I were their boss. But then again, maybe their boss doesnt push originality and creativity and likes to ride the bandwagon and make the easy buck with something he knows will sell because others are already doing it.

Could be because that what the GTO owners wanted???

It ain't a Honda you know...
As far as the wing, well, if you put them side by side they look, um alike.

And your Firebird looks like a Camaro... and your point????
Anyways, sorry I hurt your feelings with my blatant and unresearched opinions/comments. Take it for what its worth. It's just my .02 You have a lot of other guys on hear that dont like some of your pieces and your blasting only me 'cause I called you unoriginal, whatever.............

Im done with this one.

The internet sure provides some people with some big *****...

Why not stop by a track in the northeast and I'll show you what the kit looks like IN PERSON...

Pictures do not do it justice...

Ed
Old 08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Eric Bazan

Retro huh, well the only thing about this GTO that is retro is the nameplate. Why put something retro on something that is not. All I am saying is let it live in the past. They made the hood from '67-'70 and thats where it should stop. But, to each their own. There are already a couple of other companies making similar or identical hoods. At least I didnt say your hood looks like the male sex organ. You have all these "talented engineers" and this all they can do as far as creativity. Id be a little disappointed if I were their boss. But then again, maybe their boss doesnt push originality and creativity and likes to ride the bandwagon and make the easy buck with something he knows will sell because others are already doing it. As far as the wing, well, if you put them side by side they look, um alike. Anyways, sorry I hurt your feelings with my blatant and unresearched opinions/comments. Take it for what its worth. It's just my .02 You have a lot of other guys on hear that dont like some of your pieces and your blasting only me 'cause I called you unoriginal, whatever.............

Im done with this one.

Eric,
Why don't you do yourself a favor and just shut the F$#K up... no one likes to hear your sarcastic remarks.. especially when everyone can read your post and realize how much of an ignorant dumbsh!t you are... you don't know what the hell you are talking about so stop trying to act like you do. You seem to get off, when you attack people over the web... heh must be nice... hell i'm a fellow f-body owner myself and you disgust me... take your sarcasim and go back to the trailer park you came from. Oh, and take your camaro with you. I hope this post doesn't make you cry too bad maybe you'll get a little taste of what it feels like when some immature punk starts attacking you!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey EDC, quit typing in blue, some of us use the "darkside" appearance setting and blue on blue is impossible to read. That is of course, if you don't want us to read your replies

RC, I like the current ones you have shown. But, if you guys get some time maybe come up with some non-retro offerings, or maybe modern takes on the retro theme perhaps.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Hey EDC, quit typing in blue, some of us use the "darkside" appearance setting and blue on blue is impossible to read. That is of course, if you don't want us to read your replies
Now yer gettin' it..

Ed
Old 08-26-2004, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

I still think a modern version of the '72 GTO hood would have worked and looked better on the new GTO because it's a front feeder and would fit the lines of the new GTO better.

I do like the whole kit together though.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Default More GTO pics Hood & Spoiler Painted

More GTO pics Hood & Spoiler Painted:

Old 08-27-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

I like the spoiler... but those *nostrils* on the hood do NOT look good at all..
Old 08-27-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll back Eric and the majority of the non repeat post's here. Hood is FUGLY PERIOD. The new G.T.O is NOT RETRO in anyway why try to throw parts on there that don't belong on it. G.T.O owners asked for a hood with scoops on it, not a 68-70 rip off. The point on the tip of the hood doesn't line up or match any lines of the car at all.

Nineball, you have it right, lets see some modern looking hoods/parts on a modern car, retro on modern just doesn't cut it. The new GT-40 was designed as a whole as was the new stang and thunderbird, not as modern cars with retro parts grafted onto them as a afterthought, which this hood looks like.

EDC, why would anyone want to travel that far to see something so hideous as yellow RICEY GTO? A SRT-4 is a challenge to your G.T.O lol.

I'll stick to my non retro 64 G.T.O, glad they didn't try to slap a 34 dodge hood on it back in the day
J
Old 08-27-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RKSport.com
More GTO pics Hood & Spoiler Painted:

Ok I like the lines of the spoiler, but would it hurt it to remove the center support from the rear? Or does that help support the rear of the wing somehow? (I'm assuming they are fiberglass and not urethane.) On that note, are they fiberglass or urethane?

My next question is, does it take advantage of the factory mounting locations? IE: If I buy one of these, would I have to fill the mounting holes for the stock spoiler first and then drill more holes to mount this, or not? Not that it is hard to get the holes filled and painted, I'd rather just use them by way of mounting another wing I prefer more, such as this one...
Old 08-30-2004, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by frcefed98
EDC, why would anyone want to travel that far to see something so hideous as yellow RICEY GTO? A SRT-4 is a challenge to your G.T.O lol.

Just bring it on with that obsolete "F"-body rattletrap of yours...

Ed
Old 08-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Teching In

CSiJason - yes the spoilers are made of fiberglass, and they use the stock spoiler holes. You will have to make holes for the outer sides of the wing (part that is on the fender).
Old 08-30-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the info... I dont mind drilling holes for the side pieces so long as the top wing is able to make use of the factory holes. Will their be an option to buy these pre-painted to match factory colors perhaps?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Everything looks good with paint on it. That black Goat is nice
Old 08-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Teching In

All parts do not come painted, as they can get damaged in shipping.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:32 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I figured that....I meant that they look even nicer when they're on the car and painted. I guess I'm one of the few posting that actually likes the parts Then again your stuff has always looked nice no matter what car you're working with.....
Old 09-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

I think all the RK Sport parts in those pics look great! I just wish they sold the GTO up here in Canada so i could buy them!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Its obvious where they got their inspiration for the hood. That is a 1970 GTO Judge.

Quick Reply: GTO Ram Air Hood & Spoiler! *Pics*