Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Swirl marks in paint!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, forgot about another thing -- the infamous clear coat bubbles on the roof hoop. My Formula has about 4 of 'em You can see a nice CLEAR bubble, and when you pop it with a blade (oops) the black base coat is intact below the clear.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

give zaino bro's a try i used that wax when i had my black firehawk it made the car look awsome no swirl marks and when you put the wax on the more coats the deeper the paint looks so deep give them a try at zainobro's.com

steve
Old 10-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chupa
I know for a fact that there is a layer of clear coat on my TA, because when I removed the side strips, it took off the clear coat underneath them Now you can tell where they were because the clear coat around the edges was lifted up ever so slightly, and you can see the air underneath.
That is not true. In a two part paint system Clear and the base paint are not mixed. Base is put on followed by the clear. If you look at the trunk jambs and under hood you can see where the clear was not applied. Additionally, You could not do that on a metallic paint because you would actually move or take off the metallic flake every time one used a polish or clay bar. What probably happened is you pelled up the clearcoat.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Uh, I think you just agreed with me?

Quick Reply: Swirl marks in paint!!