Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Friggin Tree Sap!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friggin Tree Sap!

Need some help here. I have a Phantom Black A4. I noticed last night small pin head sized tree sap. I never noticed it before but I think it happened while I parked under the trees to eat lunch and avoid the sun. Anyways, the Sh__ won't come off. I of coarse tried to get it off with my finger nails but this stuff seams to have dried very quickly. Last night I used a clay bar on one section and did nothing. I don't want to use an abrasive. I;ve went to other websites and they recommend manyonase, miniral spirits, nail polish remover. Do any of you have any non-harsh suggestions. ...Today i got out to lunch and see that the sun must be drying / harding them up because now they have white heads. Son of a ____!.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you used any "wipe & shine" type of product. I go through a bottle a week it seems. I use it in conjunction with a clay bar if stuff is bad enough. Otherwise, simply spraying it on, wiping it to a nice shine (kinda like buffing) should remove it.

I'm constantly removing tree sap from mine.

I use Eagle One's "wipe & shine" and use Mother's version if it's not available. Meguiars also makes it but I find that it doesn't like to disperse, spread and wipe to a shine as quickly as the others.

They also go by "quick detailers" or "show shiner".
Old 10-08-2004, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

You need something with alcohol in it. My detailer uses rain-x to get tree sap off. Once you take it off with the rain-x then go back over the area with your wax to seal the paint back up!

Doc
Old 10-08-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can remove it without having to strip the wax off and then re-wax it. I remove sap from mine all the time.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Ammonia cuts it nicely, too, but again you'll need to clean, polish and wax the spot as soon as you get it off.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Just use a clean rag and rubbing alcohol. It will come right off, then touch up with some liquid wax.

Quick Reply: Friggin Tree Sap!