Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

My GTO takes its first ride today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GTO takes its first ride today...

Jumped in the car to come to work this morning, twist the key, and click-click-click-click-click ... Dead battery... WTF??? Grab the jumper cables, fire up the girlfriend's car and jump mine.. Fires up like normal. Throw the cables in the trunk, and drive to work (about 25 miles, 40 minutes away). The car wanted to stumble and nearly die at almost every intersection, so you could tell the alternator was getting a workout. "Good, the battery must be charging" I think to myself, and just two-foot it the whole way to work. I get here, cut the motor off and immediately try to restart... click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click ... DAMMIT !!!!

Call 1-800-ROADSIDE and tell them to pick it up.. 1570 miles on the car, and already a dead battery, and it came out of NOWHERE. Started fine yesterday, didn't start this morning. The little eye in the battery still showing green as can be. I'm guessing it has to be an internal plate short in one of the cells. Anyway, the tow truck should be here in a few minutes, and the closest dealer has been called to expect the car. The gal on the phone at the dealer said they've had to swap several batteries so far, but once a new battery is in they don't get returns. That's good to know

I know a few others have mentioned they had battery problems, so I guess I get to join the club.. (yay!)
Old 10-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brains
Jumped in the car to come to work this morning, twist the key, and click-click-click-click-click ... Dead battery... WTF??? Grab the jumper cables, fire up the girlfriend's car and jump mine.. Fires up like normal. Throw the cables in the trunk, and drive to work (about 25 miles, 40 minutes away). The car wanted to stumble and nearly die at almost every intersection, so you could tell the alternator was getting a workout. "Good, the battery must be charging" I think to myself, and just two-foot it the whole way to work. I get here, cut the motor off and immediately try to restart... click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click ... DAMMIT !!!!

Call 1-800-ROADSIDE and tell them to pick it up.. 1570 miles on the car, and already a dead battery, and it came out of NOWHERE. Started fine yesterday, didn't start this morning. The little eye in the battery still showing green as can be. I'm guessing it has to be an internal plate short in one of the cells. Anyway, the tow truck should be here in a few minutes, and the closest dealer has been called to expect the car. The gal on the phone at the dealer said they've had to swap several batteries so far, but once a new battery is in they don't get returns. That's good to know

I know a few others have mentioned they had battery problems, so I guess I get to join the club.. (yay!)
Mine did same thing at 2K miles.. they said Delco had a "Bad Batch" of Batteries... go figure
Old 10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thats ok. When I bought my car they jump started it right off the showroom floor. Theres a great feeling....So far, its started everytime....wheres some wood when you need it....
Old 10-12-2004, 06:50 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I'm sure that battery gets confused seeing how it's mounted in the car at such a strange angle.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

That sucks brian but congratulations on the new car!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

its all good now, brand new battery with a 7 year warranty... They also fixed my wind rattle in the drivers side door, only took 20 miles and 2 gallons of gas to do it... methinks someone was playing around a bit

Quick Reply: My GTO takes its first ride today...