Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Best GTO price u got in the last 2 weeks....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes a great deal of restraint not to run out and buy an '04 with where the prices are now. I'll wait a year and see how the 05's are selling.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Teching In

I worked at new car dealerships as a tech for the last 15 years, the best time to buy a new car is now! The last month of the year or the last couple days of the year are the best times to buy. I know you might still get a good deal on a GTO because of the improved model coming out but once word gets around which it already is, the 04 cars will be gone.Just dont wait too long. If I was buying one now I would do it the day or two after xmas. Try more than one dealership and play them off eachother.The more time your willing to put into it the more cash you will save. I got my new Trailblazer right when they cam out for invoice from a dealership I did'nt work for.
Good luck!
Matt
Old 12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Default invoice

Originally Posted by Pontiaker
I worked at new car dealerships as a tech for the last 15 years, the best time to buy a new car is now! The last month of the year or the last couple days of the year are the best times to buy. I know you might still get a good deal on a GTO because of the improved model coming out but once word gets around which it already is, the 04 cars will be gone.Just dont wait too long. If I was buying one now I would do it the day or two after xmas. Try more than one dealership and play them off eachother.The more time your willing to put into it the more cash you will save. I got my new Trailblazer right when they cam out for invoice from a dealership I did'nt work for.
Good luck!
Matt
Invoice is usually a good deal, but the dealer cost is usually a lot lower, they are still making profit at invoice. I have seen the invoice on the gto online and it is way too close to the msrp, and the rebates are usually an indication that the dealer cost is thousands less than the available invoice price. I'd estimate dealer cost to be in teh neighborhood of $23-24000 on the o4 GTO's. Some dealerships have higher costs for the same models depending on teh track record and rewards from the manufacturer.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Just picked up an 04 m6 red/red for 20k. Local dealer has three on sale for 24,800. I also got chrome wheels,detail,full tank of gas and delivery to my door! I used my GM card rebate(building the amount for years).
They still have 2 yellow m6s left. Both have aftermarket chromed alloys and one has the dual scooped hood. Your choice-24,800. Can't beat that deal. I wasn't really looking to get a goat, but for nearly half price(mine had a sticker of 37k-it had the wheels and other dealer add ons), I couldn't resist.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lil2liter
Gabe just use GMBUYPOWER.com I had several dealers in my area beating each other over the head to get my business. They send me a price qoute I'd
foward it to another dealer and so on this continued for three or four days I got them down to 26,000. Thats with the 3500
and 1500(3 coupons). I actually went with the dealer closest to me. I could have gotten it cheaper if i went to another dealer but i wanted to get it from the dealer down the street cause thats where any service will be done and they are very personable. Do it all through email DON'T give them a phone number and DON'T call them. Keep it as impersonalable as possible until you buy. Your emails should be no more than a couple of sentences at most. Let offers sit for 24 hours. They are very impatient for the sale and commision use it to your advantage. Don't seem anxious! Best of luck. I'm in New Jersey!
-Greg
Greg, I took your advice and sent price requests throught GMbuypower to the local dealers..First offer was 26,900 with the $5500...Not great, but i'm using it as a "have to beat" price for the other dealers that respond. I'd like to get to $2400...If you have any of your emails and wouldn't mind forwarding to me, i'd like to use them and tell the dealers i'd travel to save $2,000 extra. -Gabe
Old 12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

The bug bit me today, no waiting until this time next year to buy. I'll pick up my Yellow Jacket '04 on thursday. I did the smart buy, 48 months, 60K miles, zero down, 3000 upside down on my trade, $319 a month. Car was $25,500, plus three $500 dealer coupons, $24K OTD + TTL. I'm happy.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 AM
11 Second Club

With the smart buy option do you own the car when its paid off, or do you have to pay additional money.. how does that work?

Peace,
Josh
Old 12-14-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

It's basically a lease with my name on the title. Instead of the leasing company owning the car for those 4 years, i own it. There is a balloon payment at the end, i can pay cash outright, refinance through GMAC, or pay $250 and give them the car back and walk away.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Just Got Home From The Dealership Here in Pennsylvania(routine Maint). They Had 5,500 Gmac Rebate,1,000 Dealer Certificates,4,022 Dealer Discount. $22,973 Before Tax,tags Etc.this Was On An Automatic With Sticker Of $33,495.wow.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlueSix
It's basically a lease with my name on the title. Instead of the leasing company owning the car for those 4 years, i own it. There is a balloon payment at the end, i can pay cash outright, refinance through GMAC, or pay $250 and give them the car back and walk away.
but with Smartbuy, don't you have to pay the tax upfront, so for a $30,000 (you have to pay tax on the rebates), tax would be $2,400 (8% sales tax). and when you turn in the car at the end of term, you don't get any of that back. With Smartlease, you only pay the tax on the payments.

I am no expert with Smartbuy, I've only done leases so far, so I wonder what advantage there is with Smartbuy. It doesn't seem to make any sense if you don't plan to buy the car at the end of term.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Even on a lease you pay taxes on the full value of the car, it is just figured into the lease. And at the end of the smartbuy if you trade the car in, you get the tax credit on your trade in. You don't get that with a lease.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Someone please help, I'm new here and hope to be a new owner soon! I just finished talking with a local dealer, his best deal was $31,171 plus ttl then subtract $5000 (rebate). $28,064 out the door, from what I can tell on here, this isn't a great deal. How can I do better? I told the guy a friend of mine did better and he wouldn't budge, just kept telling me he didn't know how (I didn't want to tell him about this place although he probably already knows). Anyway, I just walked out and told him to call me when he wanted to sell a car I knew was going to just sit on his lot thru the winter...any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:28 AM
TECH Junkie

My suggestion is to walk. Find yourself a different dealer. Once this dealer see's that he's losing a sale he will budge. You can get the car for right at 23K plus TTL right now.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Thanks, I'll keep shoping.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Teching In

Default Vista Ridge Pontiac

Call Vista Ridge Pontiac in Dallas Texas or visit their website at www.vistaridge.com, they have about 40 GTO cars in every color available. Best offer made on Tuesday was $6500 rebate and 0% percent financing, so then my fiance and I give the salesman the green light on getting the purchase started. So Tuesday I should have received a call back from the salesman keeping me informed what was going on since I'm from out of town. No call at all, fiance called next day and was told that GMAC had made a mistake offering both the rebate & 0% financing (I smell BS). That only the GTO's sold that day took advantage of the sale. I thought since we decided to purchase on Tuesday that we should have been able to receive both incentives. So best price made Wednesday was $7,000 off the sticker and the lowest rate would be 2.9%.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:17 AM

man go to ebay they have them in florida with 39 miles going for like 23 and 24k buy now ebay is funny but if you live in the state you can go in person and buy it after the ebay auction
Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Teching In

I got the rebates and 0.0 financing on my GTO. You can go on that GM site and look up incentives and available financing rates by region. When I took all of this info, plus the actual window sticker(located online with vin#) to my dealer, they were unable to give me any BS. Plus, the GTO they had listed in their newspaper ad listed a vin(required by the paper) so I was actually able to match this vin with the one on the GM site. Armed with all of this info, it was pretty painless to buy the car. At the end of the negotiations, when I dropped my 4k plus GM card rebate on the salesman, the look on his face was priceless.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Teching In

I'm on it! I just offered 23k for a 6sp to vista ridge....let's see if they bite!!! Hey Greg call me!!!

Last edited by TexasTechC-6; 12-17-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Teching In

I had a dealer in town say he would do $24,800 otd..when I asked him how this would play out as a lease, he said the price was only good for a purchase, lease would be different. I told them to call me when they would use the above figure on a lease.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

I picked my Pulse Red A4 up yesterday. 3 year SmartBuy lease, $325 down, $315 a month.

Quick Reply: Best GTO price u got in the last 2 weeks....