Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO owners inside:

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GTO owners inside:

Has anyone noticed in the back seat, right under the passenger side headrest there is a cable you can pull to pop the trunk. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they would spend the time/money to put this there. Any ideas?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an emergency release in the event the electric solenoid fails to release the trunk. (Since it has no key hole on the rear of the car to manualy open it otherwise.)
Old 11-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Yea - it was kind of interesting to find that. Now we need to find where they've hidden the emergency release for the gas filler door so when that selenoid goes away we can get to the gas tank without destroying the door.

Originally Posted by CSiJason
It is an emergency release in the event the electric solenoid fails to release the trunk. (Since it has no key hole on the rear of the car to manualy open it otherwise.)
Old 11-04-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres at least five pull cords on the new c6 for when all the electronics fail. thats interesting that the gto has one there. i think im gonna have to go rumudging through the next gto i see.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Good question on the gas door thing. I bet it is somewhere in the trunk under a cover.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CSiJason
Good question on the gas door thing. I bet it is somewhere in the trunk under a cover.
So i was looking for a trunk release inside the car and your telling me its behind the passenger's seat head rest. Doh! I have only been in the back of the GTO once and that was at the dealership and not even my car, so i guess i would have never found out about that until i replaced the stock speakers. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razinhell
So i was looking for a trunk release inside the car and your telling me its behind the passenger's seat head rest. Doh! I have only been in the back of the GTO once and that was at the dealership and not even my car, so i guess i would have never found out about that until i replaced the stock speakers. Thanks for the heads up.
There is also a trunk release in the glove box. On the upper left. It is a black round button. It is the power pop but you do not need to get in the back to open the trunk unless the electonics fail
Old 11-06-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Yea, what Jizz said... You can pop the trunk with the key remote button, the button in the glove box or the emergency release (manual) pull behind the driver side rear head rest. (lift it for access)