Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 GTO Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 04 GTO Audio System

The audio system sounds like crap, I can't even adjust treble. Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for upgrading the current system.

Also, I want to modify the car a bit but don't want to spend an arm and a leg as well as void the warranty. Any suggestions???

Nick
Old 12-15-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Junkie

FYI, mods don't void the warranty. The dealer has to prove that the mod you did caused the part in question to fail.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

This Blaupunkt system sonically/accoustically is heads and tails light years ahead of the Monsoon in the F-Body. However, having overall less power, it doesn't overpower everything like the Monsoon which masks it's audio quality shortfall. It's also German, so things are set very conservatively. There is a way to adjust gain on the amp. Instructions can be found on www.ls1gto.com and it's actually real easy to do. You can adjust your treble using the volume **** by pushing it in. You can adjust both your bass and treble here. Push it a second time if Bass comes up first.

As to voiding warranty, warranty administration is a very grey area and you won't get a perfect answer other than from your service manager on his stance towards modding. Technically anything thing that isn't an OEM replacement part no matter how much better it is can void your warranty. However, most dealers understand the cause and effect relationship. If you add a CAI setup and a power window motor fails, the two are not related and there shouldn't be an issue. It'll be covered. But if you install a CAI, it falls off, a nail bounces up, gets into the TB, the engine digests it and smashes a piston, they have justifiable cause to deny coverage. That's a stretch, but just trying to illustrate a point.

Your best bet is to talk to your service manager and get his stance on modifying things. Most dealers are somewhat lenient to basic mods as many trucks get altered for their customers needs. However, there are those few that follow the letter of the law and have no (or little) tolerance. Also a disclaimer, if you want to mod, you must be willing to accept some responsibility yourself. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to play, you have to be ready to pay, if you follow me.

FYI, I did warranty admin for awhile at a Chevy dealer.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also... modding a complicated audio system like the blaupunkt or the monsoon can be quite annoying. i would ask around in the audio forum or try out this site www.fbodyaudio.com. the folks over at fbodyaudio taught me alot and helped me build my system right. definately ask around first though. i wish i had before i started and i could have avoided alot of

jacob
Old 12-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Default Adjusting the Trebble/bass

Scroll through the EQ presets to the EQ OFF setting. Then, push the Volume button to scroll through Bass/Trebble/Fader/Balance. Each setting allows -6 to +6 steps.

the system sound MUCH better with BASS and Treble setting ~ +4.

Also, read the manual section on speed volume and other factory setting adjustments.

Magsdad
Old 12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Magsdad is correct. I thought the system sucked too until I learned how to work it. My biggest problem was the volume level could never go up very far. Well I played around with the boost level and if you lower it the volume raises. I think there are 3 different settings for boost and mine was all the way up not allowing the volume to go up and blow the speakers. I like big bass and this car has it at low volume but not as good at loud. If you turn the boost down and play with the EQ's and BASS, TREBLE, BALANCE you will probably find a nicer sound. You can find all these functions by pressing the volume button in.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hate the stereo too. Distorts rather easily and does NOT sound like 10 speakers should. The bass is always muddy and the highs sound too distant. The EQ's are a joke.

Otherwise, I love the car.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Teching In

I had the Bose 'premium' system in my 2000 C5. This is nirvana compared to that system. Everything is relative, I guess. It does have a long ways to go compared to the HK upgraded system in our Mini S, though. 10 speakers, 300 watts in a Mini.........
Old 12-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Teching In

i just did it the easy way.... sorrta, i just put 2 10s and a 1000 watt amp on mine, and it sounds fantastic... but it took us 8 hours to wire the amp

Quick Reply: 04 GTO Audio System