Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Does anyone know any tricks I can pull to beat an 03 vette with my 04 gto?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlueSix, Not pulling your leg, works on hot summer nights here, the cold air is good for a few more horsepower.Mainly used by the street boys,cheers gazza
Old 05-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redvpsenator
In the hot tropics in north Australia some dry ice in the air box works, don't know agout the temperature there, good luck.
In or on the air box?

In the air box would introduce C02 into the intake of the car. Its displacing something and if its oxygen well thats not good. Doesn't make too much sense, even if you strapped it to the air box, the air exists in that small area for such a small amount of time before it continues its trip into the engine that it couldn't help.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Dry Ice: Australian for nitrous.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
I have a low 12 second 2004 GTO
Since when is a 12.5 "low 12's"???

Sounds like "mid 12's" to me...
Old 05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LiqTenExp
In or on the air box?

In the air box would introduce C02 into the intake of the car. Its displacing something and if its oxygen well thats not good. Doesn't make too much sense, even if you strapped it to the air box, the air exists in that small area for such a small amount of time before it continues its trip into the engine that it couldn't help.

I minored in Chemistry in college - not that it's some almighty achievement or anything - but I'll speak from my too-long ago education: Although dry ice may give off CO2, the rate at which it 'subliminates' (goes from a solid to a gas w/o passing theough a liquid-phase) is going to be pretty low compared to the amount of air flowing through the LS1 airbox. I don't know exactly how much air an LS1 sucks up, but my old 302-mustag (back in the day) had a Holley 650 cfm carb... ..meaning that it can suck 650 cubic feet of air per minute. That's a lot of air, and I'm sure the LS1 has = or better airflow... ...so I'd bet that the amount/concerntation of CO2 being let off in that kind of airflow/volume from a chunk of dry-ice would be very small.

Now, if you left a block of dry ice in the airbox overnight with the engine off & tried to start it in the morning you'd probably have problems.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Liquid ten axp, Of course you are right, sure, just wonder why the air box gets so cold then.Maybe the cold moisture on the outside was leaking out the radiator???
Old 05-13-2005, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by skelly
You're right - I should just throw money at the problem & leave the creativity & innovation to someone else.
All the "creativity and innovation" in the world isn't going to win you a race against a Corvette, serious driver error excluded.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know any tricks I can pull to beat an 03 vette with my 04 gto?