Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Dyno this week for 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno this week for 05 GTO

I posted a while back and I just bought a new Midnight Blue GTO 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it's been in the stereo shop for 3 of the weeks getting its new system put in. My boys and I can't wait to hear it- all 1440 watts od JL Audio sound! I got my JBA headers on Friday and will take it down to Dyno on Weds. this week to get my base line curve and then I will give you all the results as I add a piece and Dyno the result. Supposedly-according to JBA- the headers added 32 rwhp to a bone stock 05 GTO. Hope it's true! I got the titanium ceramic coated ones. Very nice and great quality! AEM will have out their Brute Force cold air intake on the 22nd of this month and I will be getting it and putting it on as soon as it's released-with Dyno numbers for you all. The only other mod I am considering is the Tri-phase MAF module. Anyone have any familiarity with these guys? They claim 13 rwhp on the 05 corvette LS2's using their set up. I bought 19" TSW Rib wheels in Hyper silver with Falken Y rated tires to go on it. (Can't wait to get rid of the 159 mph governing limit) As soon as I get the car back- should be this Tuesday- I'll take pics and post them for you all to see. I'm shooting for 411 rwhp so I will keep you all posted on how it's coming along. I think the stock exhaust is already great and doesn't need changing. There is an X pipe on it stock already and even with Magnaflow's up and coming catback system for it- I don't think the gains will be worth the expenditure. Tell me what you all think.

The Duke
Old 04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Teching In

From what ive read, a lot of guys didnt see that much HP improvement from them maybe 10 over stock. Good luck. Thats why im holding out for LT's
Old 04-17-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

JBA's claim is pretty far fetched. Most guys with LT's arent even picking up more than 20-25whp on LS2's, I cant see short tubes making that and more by any means. Also, it turns out the primary resonator at the front of the exhaust where they come together does not function as a crossover like most had thought.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks for the info on the primary resonator

Thanks for the info on the primary resonator. If it's not a true X pipe then I will have to go to magnaflows for sure. I know the horsepower gains are minimal but I want the X pipe. I will let you all know whether the JBA headers are what they claim- I should know by Saturday for sure.

Thanks for your input and I will post pics as soon as I get the car back. The inside looks stock for the speakers but the trunk is where you can see it's not a stock stereo! I did away with the spare and had a custom fiberglass box built. It's flush with the trunk floor and it has two JL audio 10" W6's in it. I replaced the rear woofers with 6 1/2 in. JL's and the doors, rear panels and in dash tweters are all JL too. It should sound pretty good. There are two Sound Stream amps rated at 1440 watts of continuous power. I had an Optima battery put in to replace the factory one.

Pics on the way soon with Dyno stats for all to see as I begin to mod it.

The Duke
Old 04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

head unit? pics of wheels? the suspense is killing me!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

At least a few people on LS1GTO.com have swapped the stock resonator on their 05 with an X-pipe but kept the remainder of the exhaust stock. That is a LOT less expensive and it has yet to be shown that an exhaust swap makes much power gains.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CSiJason
At least a few people on LS1GTO.com have swapped the stock resonator on their 05 with an X-pipe but kept the remainder of the exhaust stock. That is a LOT less expensive and it has yet to be shown that an exhaust swap makes much power gains.
Here is an 04 GTO 5.7L automatic dyno chart with the MagnaFlow 15858 kit.

Quick Reply: Dyno this week for 05 GTO