Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

diablo predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablo predator

I recently bought a diablo programmer ,new era cold air intake and had my mass air sensor ported or basically the guy took out the middle and the took thge bar out of the middle and smoothed it all out and it mad a decent diffrence but when i put the diablo programmer on it works ok for like 2 to 3 races then check engine light comes on and says its runnin to lean i rich it up and it goes off for a little while the comes back on but in another forum guy havin the same prob and we have the same intake does n e one know if its the sensor makin it run lean?
Old 05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Eh yeah, probably the sensor lol
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Default It sounds like..

You need a "Custom" tune for your predator that will be compatible with your setup.
Are you using the "performance" tune that came in your Predator? That tune is set up with some generic parameters that are not too much better than the stock ones. It will work fine with a stock set-up, but it sounds like your modifications have changed things so that the computer is confused by the readings it is getting, or the A/F ratio is off.
You can use the "Live Diagnostics" function in your predator to check what your computer thinks is actually going on. If I were in your position, I would check out the long and short term fuel trims to see what the computer sees going on, and/or get the run files from a dyno. Then I would find someone who can use the information that you gather to put together a "Custom" tune you can download into the predator to install with parameters that are compatible with your mods. -make sense?
I don't know a whole lot about tuning, but I also have a Predator, and a custom tune for it. The process is pretty straightforward, but you need to find someone who can set your tune up with the right parameters.
In the meantime, perhaps the stock tune will still work ok, or you could reinstall parts and see what gets you back where you need to be on your tuning.
Good Luck, I'll check back to see how it's going.

Maximental

Quick Reply: diablo predator