Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Straight Pipes On O5 Gto A4

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just took my mufflers off as well after reading this to hear the sound and I have to say it sounds awesome. Where did you guys buy your tips at? and how much did it cost you to get the custom bent pipe from the muffler mount to the tip? I know its only like 2 1/2 feet per side so shouldn't be much right?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
clip did not work for me!
Host was down for a few days. Clip should work now. Sorry!

Originally Posted by 05Goat
just took my mufflers off as well after reading this to hear the sound and I have to say it sounds awesome. Where did you guys buy your tips at? and how much did it cost you to get the custom bent pipe from the muffler mount to the tip? I know its only like 2 1/2 feet per side so shouldn't be much right?
We bought an extra set of tips/mufflers (one piece) from a local dealer. The tips/mufflers were take offs from an 05 GTO that had the sport appearance package installed by a local company called ADI. After they install all the new pieces...they send the stock stuff back to the dealer. If you order the muffler/tips from the part counter, they are like $500-$600. But you can get them much cheaper if you find them as take offs. Went to the muffler shop yesterday and had the stock mufflers cut out and straight pipe installed in its place. Went to a really good local guy that does all my exhaust work. Gave me a break at $50 for both sides. It would just depend on what your muffler guy wants to charge for the pipe and his time.

Hope this helped.

I should be getting those drive by clips soon...I'll post them up ASAP.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Teching In

anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy some good resonated exhaust tips?
Old 05-28-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HumanZoom
We are going to do what you did...only we picked up an extra set of mufflers/tips so we can just bolt and unbolt whichever set we'd like. Esp. when it comes time to sell the car, we want it to be as stock as possible.

Anyway...we decided to see how loud our little project was going to be, so we just unbolted the mufflers and drove around. Here is a little clip I made.

Startup, Idle, Rev
http://www.humanzoom.net/gto/gto01.mpg
(Right click, Save as...)

Drive by clips will come in the next few days when we get the straight pipe installed.

sounds sweet.im seriously considering having this done.

Quick Reply: Straight Pipes On O5 Gto A4