Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New to GTO family!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to GTO family!

Hello everyone, just registered with this forum and wanted to ask a few questions since everyone seems to have awesome input regarding the new GTO's. Anyway, I just bought a 2004 GTO automatic about 4 months ago. I recently bought a few items that I think are going to help out a bit. I bought the NOS 125 dry shot, Borla Exhaust (single outlet), K&N cold air, and the works longtube headers. I got all my parts in and havent installed anything yet. I exhaust wrapped the headers so far and I am going to put them in next week I think. I am looking forward to it, but I have to mess with the steering to install them. My first question is how much horsepower am I going to be looking at? The car is totally stock right now. Do you think I should get a torque converter and if so, where from? I also bought a driveshaft loop, but is there a need to eventually upgrade that? I am looking into slicks as well. Sorry for all the questions, I am just excited to get on the track and see what she can do. Well, I think that's enough questions for now. I would really appreciate some information. Thank you
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Congrats on the new purchase!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Yeah. Congrats on the new GTO and welcome to ls1tech. I'm sure all the answers to your questions will soon be revealed by the experts here!
Old 05-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks, looking forward to some input for sure.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I installed the K&N cold air this weekend and it seems to be noticable. I also have the 2005 hood on as well. I removed the ram air inserts which is nice as well. I am just a little concerned about water getting in the engine compartment when it is raining. I am going to look into modifying something so I dont have to worry about it.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Can anyone help me out with some answers if possible? Also I am installing the headers this weekend, need to see if there is much to pulling the steering shaft and how hard that would be.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Teching In

I am kinda bummed with the lack of feedback on my questions, but that is alright. I installed everthing and think she is a beast! I am going to dyno tune her in a couple of weeks and finally run her for the first time. I will post my results with slicks of course and also the dyno test. Thanks for everthing for the feedback!!!!!..... appreciate the warm welcomes from HumanZoom and Pontiac GTO, Thank you for the support.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

www.ls1gto.com

Quick Reply: New to GTO family!