Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

First Test LS2 GTO MagnaCharged

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I don't feel it is that cut and dry. However, you seem to be well educated on this (judging from your response) so I suppose I don't have to explain why.

Well if you look at the **** numbers the majority of 04 gto maggie owners are getting versus the numbers that the 04 prochager owners are getting its a no brainer....
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PHiL2
Well if you look at the **** numbers the majority of 04 gto maggie owners are getting versus the numbers that the 04 prochager owners are getting its a no brainer....
Peak numbers are only half the story. It is all about area under the curve, unless you are only a dyno racer
Old 06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by burbman
Peak numbers are only half the story. It is all about area under the curve, unless you are only a dyno racer
No, but a 50 whp swing is huge even if its closer to redline...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PHiL2
Do a little more homework and find out that the tuning issues have been resolved with the maggie's. It's a simple 100 rwhp bolt on. I don't consider 400 rwhp with no other mods "**** numbers". A procharger will make more peak hp....but with these pigs it's area under the curve that matters.

Now quit stirring the pot. I already asked one person to keep their negative comments out of this thread, now i'm asking you to do the same.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSix
Do a little more homework and find out that the tuning issues have been resolved with the maggie's. It's a simple 100 rwhp bolt on. I don't consider 400 rwhp with no other mods "**** numbers". A procharger will make more peak hp....but with these pigs it's area under the curve that matters.
QFT.
If you are interested in peak hp number high in the rpm range, ati is for you. I am not saying there is a bad s/c kit on the market for the gto. Just that they all have there goods and bads. I cannot pull into a smog check shop and pass with a procharger. With a maggie I can. So, that is worth a small hp loss to me. Not to mention, there are other ways to add power that the smog man would never know about. Sure I may be into it for a little more than the guy who bought the procharger, but I will have very good power under the curve, and will never have to worry about the cops, or smog *****.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 24v
QFT.
If you are interested in peak hp number high in the rpm range, ati is for you. I am not saying there is a bad s/c kit on the market for the gto. Just that they all have there goods and bads. I cannot pull into a smog check shop and pass with a procharger. With a maggie I can. So, that is worth a small hp loss to me. Not to mention, there are other ways to add power that the smog man would never know about. Sure I may be into it for a little more than the guy who bought the procharger, but I will have very good power under the curve, and will never have to worry about the cops, or smog *****.
Not sure why you quoted me....i am pretty sure you just said the same thing i did....
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSix
Not sure why you quoted me....i am pretty sure you just said the same thing i did....
QFT=quoted for truth. I then elaborated on what you said, while in agreement, in order to express my thoughts.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 24v
QFT=quoted for truth. I then elaborated on what you said, while in agreement, in order to express my thoughts.
Ok....i couldn't figure out what QFT meant.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, those that I do know are very reliable people. One is Dbluegoat. Their results are all the same. The Maggie is a huge heat sink. Seeing one that ran good isn't good scientific NOR statisticly correct method of evaluation. Tuning isn't an issue either as I know all their tuners and their tuners are very well respected and know what they're doing.

Part of the issue has to do with the smallish intercooler used. It doesn't have the surface area necessary to offest the heat it generates. It certainly doesn't have the same surface area as the identical Vette or truck setup.

I'll leave it at that, but I know a few more details than most of you here that I really can't post.

Trust me, it's a heatsink.

And I have no malice against Magnusson. When they first brought it to market I was wanting this setup badly A) for it's ease of install B) A Roots style unit C) packaging. A search of history on LS1GTO will prove this as will many of it's members including DBlue!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:43 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57
Actually, those that I do know are very reliable people. One is Dbluegoat. Their results are all the same. The Maggie is a huge heat sink. Seeing one that ran good isn't good scientific NOR statisticly correct method of evaluation. Tuning isn't an issue either as I know all their tuners and their tuners are very well respected and know what they're doing.

Part of the issue has to do with the smallish intercooler used. It doesn't have the surface area necessary to offest the heat it generates. It certainly doesn't have the same surface area as the identical Vette or truck setup.

I'll leave it at that, but I know a few more details than most of you here that I really can't post.

Trust me, it's a heatsink.

And I have no malice against Magnusson. When they first brought it to market I was wanting this setup badly A) for it's ease of install B) A Roots style unit C) packaging. A search of history on LS1GTO will prove this as will many of it's members including DBlue!

What details do you have? Post them up, I would be more than happy to debate them with you.

Actually any supercharger makes heat....compressed air makes heat.

Point in fact:
Corvettes are running in the 10's with a Magnuson....Same system as the GTO
Trucks are running mid 11's with a Magnuson.....Same blower as above.
GTO's are NOW running mid to low 12's and getting better EVERY DAY.
H2's are running low low 14's with the same supercharger as the above.

I do not know HOW many times I need to say it. It was an IAT correction table that was missed in the tune, and a fuel delivery issue. These problems have been fixed and the GTO's are up and running EXACTLY where they should be for the power being made. I am not claiming BIG numbers like the other manufactures, I am stating what it is and how it runs.

All superchargers put out heat, Mother Nature does not know the difference between 9 psi on a Magnuson and 9 psi on a Procharger....Physics tells the story. This thread has gone to hell, it started out to talk about the new LS2 GTO system and turned into a typical LS1GTO I hate everything about everything thread.

I think the horse is dead guys, get over it and move on.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:47 PM
what a rush!

All I saw was one freakin fast Magnacharged GTO that was consistant and did I mention FAST!

seemed to hotlap just fine to me with no ill effects.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Junkie

i'm locking this one. it's gotten way out of hand.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
What details do you have? Post them up, I would be more than happy to debate them with you.

Actually any supercharger makes heat....compressed air makes heat.

Point in fact:
Corvettes are running in the 10's with a Magnuson....Same system as the GTO
Trucks are running mid 11's with a Magnuson.....Same blower as above.
GTO's are NOW running mid to low 12's and getting better EVERY DAY.
H2's are running low low 14's with the same supercharger as the above.

I do not know HOW many times I need to say it. It was an IAT correction table that was missed in the tune, and a fuel delivery issue. These problems have been fixed and the GTO's are up and running EXACTLY where they should be for the power being made. I am not claiming BIG numbers like the other manufactures, I am stating what it is and how it runs.

All superchargers put out heat, Mother Nature does not know the difference between 9 psi on a Magnuson and 9 psi on a Procharger....Physics tells the story. This thread has gone to hell, it started out to talk about the new LS2 GTO system and turned into a typical LS1GTO I hate everything about everything thread.

I think the horse is dead guys, get over it and move on.
I would post them, but I can't!

Yea, I know S/C make heat. My GTP's does, especially cylinders 4 & 6, BUT Power doesn't fall off and I don't even have an intercooler with it!

The Maggie has an intercooler and looses power, big difference.

Last edited by CMNTMXR57; 06-23-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:23 AM

I've never lost mph hot-lapping, in fact last time I gained mph as the sun went down, as expected. On the dyno I think I lost a total of ~5rwhp doing back-to-back-to-back runs.

The Magnacharger's gotta be my all-time favorite heatsink! And HPTuners is on the way, so I'm hoping to squeeze a few more horses out of it!

Quick Reply: First Test LS2 GTO MagnaCharged