Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Bogarts and the GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005 | 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Default Bogarts and the GTO

Folks,

If your looking for drag wheels for your car, if you did not realize it, we designed the Bogart wheel to be a direct fit back in January 04 when the GTO first came out. We ensured correct placement of the wheels as well as using the proper design to compliment your car.

Some of you may have seen some of our custom setups which include BMR's car which looks real hot!

Our wheels will drop ~100 lbs of rotational weight from your car! You can view a few of our GTO setups listed on our Bogart wheel gallery under the GTO section.

For the folks whom have already purchased a set of our Bogarts, feel free to shoot us your picture that shows off your ride.

submit pictures to: bogartwheels@sjmmanufacturing.com

Steve
Old 07-15-2005 | 11:11 AM
JS
10 Second Club

I was told u need to cut the wells and hammer the inner well to make them fit?
Old 07-15-2005 | 11:38 AM

I've seen these in person (on the yellow GTO in the gallery). They looked awesome and bolted right up. There were no fitment issues.
Old 07-15-2005 | 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JS
I was told u need to cut the wells and hammer the inner well to make them fit?

JS,

It depends on who sets them up and what type of tires you plan on running. We did the initial test fitting for a couple different setups and came up with the best solution for each particular setup. The yellow GTO was the first one in the world to have a production set of Bogart’s setup on the GTO. As mentioned his particular setup was a direct fit.

Since all of our Bogart wheels are custom designed...it is up to the vendor to call the specs in correctly or go by the specs that I setup. I recall a conversation on ls1gto.com that a vendor setup wheels for their customer …I had mentioned that the setup will not tuck as well in addition not be centered as well in the fender area. Not that his setup was wrong, just it wasn’t the “best case” setup for what he was putting on the car.

Since I am not sponsor on the board, my posts were edited as they may have felt we were trying to get advertising for free…which was not the case. I was trying to educate the customer letting him know that we had already set the specs and he may be best off following our suggestions since we already had a working setup. From what I understood from his comments, the vendor stated that they (the vendor) set the specs up for optimum tucking, but I knew different.

Since this particular vendor realized his miss-calculations over trials from previous customers (and possibly reading my comments), it seems they have changed what they are calling in a bit.

What fits and what doesn’t also depends on what size tires you are using…obviously, you can only fit so large of a tire…when the tire gets so large, you will get to a point that somewhere along the line modifications may be necessary. We personally feel (and customers tend to agree), modification of the inner wells is more desirable over cutting up the outside of the fender which esthetically you may see.

Since Bogart rims are custom, it is important to be certain whom you decide to purchase wheels is very familiar with the products. I receive calls every so often from guys asking what is the backspace we set for this or that…I mention this all the time, just knowing the backspace is not the only important number.

I can build a wheel with the same backspace in a variety of ways…the wheels are truly custom. We do not have part numbers; we fit each setup for each application. If you are dealing with us or a participating vendor then rest assured your setup will be accurate. If you are not, unless you know what inner and outer shells and centers are necessary you are relying on that person to call the specs in. Rich Bogart goes by what #’s are called/faxed in, for the most part, they don’t know the application the wheels are even going on…so they may not be able to offer assistance in correcting the order. When in doubt, for the most part especially with late model GM products, you will be referred to me.

Steve
Old 07-15-2005 | 01:32 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Thats good to know,when I'm ready to order a set I'll call u..
I dont want any issues,it'll be better to talk to u directly about my tire size and plans..
Thans Steve...

Quick Reply: Bogarts and the GTO