Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Plenty of Baer Brakes In Stock!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plenty of Baer Brakes In Stock!

Baer's incredible new GT 13 and 14" Front Brake systems provide performance braking at a consumer-friendly price. What’s equally important is that the 13" system works with OEM wheels! The 14" package is designed to be used with 18" or larger. Each front kit features 13 or 14" rotors with PBR 2-piston calipers to produce solid performance and stopping power. This kit has exceptional modulation, performance, and race-proven durability that make it an ideal street or track system.

ROTORS

The rotors in this kit are 13 or 14", 36-vein directional 2-piece construction and are the very finest products from DBA. These rotors are cast with DBA quality to Baer’s specification of high quality iron, and additional material in the fire path, which increases the rotor’s ability to withstand aggressive braking. A typical two-piece rotor sold by Baer saves, on average, five pounds of rotating mass. Should you choose the popular Baer Rotor Upgrade to the slotted/drilled/zinc-washed rotors, you will gain benefits such as the elimination of pad out-gassing, a more aggressive initial bite, the elimination of pad glazing, and improved wet weather performance. Is Zinc Washing just for visual appeal? Absolutely not! The Zinc Washing provides a protective, rust resistant plating finish for durability.

CALIPERS

PBR Calipers are recognized by many as the finest floating calipers in the world. Their lightweight design and Pad Guided Caliper (PGC) technology have made them the #1 choice for many OEM applications. Because of PBR's widespread use, service components are readily available. Don't be fooled thinking PBR makes your average 2-piston calipers. In fact, on some vehicles they will perform better than some 4-pistons offered by the competition.

HARDWARE

Some manufacturers cut corners to maximize the use of pre-existing hardware products that may not be an exact fit. The hardware included with each Baer brake kit has been custom designed to insure a perfect fit. Baer designs and machines their own brackets, hubs, hats, spacers and more.

The Baer GT Kits include everything you need for a complete front brake upgrade, including detailed instructions

4301066 - 2004 GTO - Baer Front Claw Brake System - GT+; 13" 2-Pc Rotors, PBR 2-Piston Black Calipers; Crossdrilled, slotted & Zinc Washed; All Necessary Hardware - $929.99

4302078 - 2004 GTO - Baer Front Claw Brake System - GT+; 13" 2-Pc Rotors, PBR 2-Piston Black Calipers; Crossdrilled, slotted & Zinc Washed; All Necessary Hardware - $1084.99

1301177 - 2004 GTO - Baer Front Select Brake System - GT+; 13" 2-Pc Rotors, PBR 2-Piston RED Calipers; Crossdrilled, slotted & Zinc Washed; All Necessary Hardware - $894.99

1302132 - 2004 GTO - Baer Front Select Brake System - GT+; 13" 2-Pc Rotors, PBR 2-Piston RED Calipers; Crossdrilled, slotted & Zinc Washed; All Necessary Hardware - $1049.99

We have these kits in stock to ship today and are offering free shipping for orders shipped in the 48 states. Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763.

Have a good day!

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-508-636-0770 in MA)
E-MAIL - tbyrne@tbyrnemotorsports.com

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a baer gt plus kit for my 00 camaro and it has 17" foregline wheels and I just found out that the brake kit barely does NOT clear the wheels what are my options now? I know the rotors are 13.125 can I swap some components to use a slightly smaller rotor such as a two piece 13" rotor? Should I contact baer or you? I made the purchase from you guys?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you use the templete on Baer's site before ordering the kit? If so, how did that work out?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I never used the template on baers web site. I just assumed they would clear since it is advertised they clear the factory 17" wheels. I guess I should have never assumed. I would like to swap the rotors and brackets for smaller rotors and brackets if possible otherwise I will sell the whole kit and get the c5 conversion kit.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm going to see if anything can be swapped by I don't think anything can be done with that. They can only be bolted on to be in one location. Some aftermarket wheels take up a little more space so they can be tight on the brakes. I had to run small spacers to when I used the 6 piston Baer calipers with 18" Enkei wheels.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Assuming makes an *** out of U and ME <-- (spells assume if you didn't catch it)
Old 10-24-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

The only other thing that can be done would be to shave a little off of the calipers to get them to clear.

Quick Reply: Plenty of Baer Brakes In Stock!