Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Hardware/transmission problems with my ’04, anyone else have these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardware/transmission problems with my ’04, anyone else have these?

I’ve only had my GTO for a few months but I’ve noticed some quirks and was wondering if anyone else has experienced any of these and if so, if they had them fixed.

-The glove box doesn’t shut all the way, the light stays on. We’ve had to put a piece of paper on the far side of the glove box lid (towards the passenger door) because the lid won’t close well enough to depress the light switch

-I can't get the AC/heat to blow out on the floor setting. It won’t blow out, when you turn the dial to floor, the air flow get really loud and sounds like it’s coming from the windshield vent.

-The trunk lid won’t “pop” When I push the trunk open on the key fob, the trunk will unlatch but if you aren’t standing there actually puling up on the lid it will automatically re-latch itself.

-Transmission sometimes won’t go from 1st to 2nd gear Sometime when shifting from 1st to 2nd (hard shifting and regular driving) the stick will get “stuck” between the two gears. I have to move the stick to the neutral position and then try again. This sometime takes a few times and really slows the car down as well as removing my ability to accelerate quickly. Again, this is an intermittent problem and no the 1-4 light isn’t coming on.

-Weird vibrating noise coming from the actual head of the shift ****. Unless I give the shift know a death grip, under normal and hard driving the gear **** will make a loud buzzing sound as if something’s loose.

If anyone has a fix for these problems it would be helpful to tell the dealer when I finally take it in to get these things taken care of.

Last edited by smokehouse; 12-22-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not have any of those issues. If you have a warranty I dont see why the dealer wouldnt fix all five issues without any sort of hassle.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

my tranny used to do that when its really cold just row thought the gears when its warming up and it shouldnt do that anymore that other stuff i would drop it off at the dealer and demand that they fix that crap for free
Old 12-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Teching In

1. Adjust the latch bar on the glove box door. Loosen the screws slightly and move the latch bar a tiny bit, retighten and test. I had to do this on my 04 GTO, not a big deal.
2. My HVAC was acting weird and I found a torn vacuum hose under the hood; it supplied vacuum to the control valve. You might check; pull off the passenger side fuel rail cover and lightly pull on the vacuum lines at the back of the engine to see if any are torn/broken. It could be that your vacuum modulator in the dash is sticking; this has been an issue on several GTO's and would be a dealer warranty item.
3. Pop the trunk and try adjusting the round rubber bump stops at the rear corners of the trunk lid. They are threaded; just screw them out about a turn and see if this helps.
Sorry, can't help you on 4 and 5....