Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Corvette C6 wheels for my 04 GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C6 wheels for my 04 GTO???

Was thinking about gettin a set of 18X8.5 chrome C6 wheels for my GTO...they are 5X4.75 with a 56mm offset I believe...will they fit and has anyone else done this? http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/specials/c6.shtml
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Just a few thoughts:

1. The wheels look good, but I would suggest a plan for the center cap.
2. A 56mm offset is pretty large relative to stock. Strut rub may become an issue on the front.
3. Again with the offset...ROH Drift R's have an offset of approximately 52 mm and the wheel many GTO owners are going with on the rear of the car is 9" wide. My gut feel is that the rear wheel will work. However, I can't say for certain though.
4. The wheels seem to be pretty reasonably priced. What is the quality like?
5. I am not into chrome wheels, but that is obviously a personal preference.

If you do decide to go this route, I would be interested to see pictures of the final product.

-K
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for you input! Um, I don't know too much about the quality, but I would hope they would be of good quality. I was reading somewhere today that our GTOs are like a 5X122 and the wheels from the Vette are 5X120...? They said they will still work but how safe would that be? Maybe I'll step up to a set of stock 18" GTO rims and have them chromed... any idea of a good place to trade mine?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 88MONTESS
Thanks for you input! Um, I don't know too much about the quality, but I would hope they would be of good quality. I was reading somewhere today that our GTOs are like a 5X122 and the wheels from the Vette are 5X120...? They said they will still work but how safe would that be? Maybe I'll step up to a set of stock 18" GTO rims and have them chromed... any idea of a good place to trade mine?
The GTO wheels are 5x120, so safety is not an issue in my opinion. I have the factory 18" wheels on my GTO. The stock 17" GTO wheels are not bad, but the 18" wheels look so much better...another opinion, obviously.

If you are looking to get rid of your existing wheels, you may have some difficulty getting rid of a complete set. I would recommend the following sites to list your wheels for sale:

ls1gto.com
newagegto.com
lsxgto.net

If all else fails, there is always Ebay.

I have a guy I work with who just received his 18" ROH Vapor wheels. The ROH wheels seem to be difficult to get, but I like the way a lot of them look. If you haven't seen these wheels, I would recommend that you check them out. Based on my limited research, the ROH wheels are reasonably priced. I think that "Group A" is a distributor for the ROH wheels.

Of all of the crazy things that pop into my head..."Good Wheel Hunting".

-K
Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks! :-)

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 wheels for my 04 GTO???