Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Potential Buyer, Have Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Does it feel too refined or too "BMWish" to you? These are the things people are warning me about, but that's what I'm looking for! I want some style, class, and sophistication in a car that looks decent, has great quality/fit/finish, and still has *****.
Scotty, this is coming from me now so take it for what its worth. I loved my Trans Am, but for a daily driver it just wasnt all that I wanted. It was a great weekend car and I loved it for the styling it had and the performance it had, but I'll be honest, unless I was WOT or somebody was checking the car out it wasn't that great to just cruise around in.

The GTO is head and shoulders above the F-Body in fit and finish. I also wanted something that was stylish, classy, and sophisticated but something that was still sporty and that could move when need be. And I'll sit here and honestly tell you that its everything I thought it would be. I'm still in break in so I havent hammered on it yet but tossing it around curves I know I'm going at least as fast as I was in my Trans Am yet it feels so much more smooth, controlled, and predictable.

Go and take a test drive and see what you think. When I test drove the car I loved everything about it. And the more seat time I spend in mine the more I appreciate the little things that set it apart. Couldn't be happier with my decision.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Does it feel too refined or too "BMWish" to you? These are the things people are warning me about, but that's what I'm looking for! I want some style, class, and sophistication in a car that looks decent, has great quality/fit/finish, and still has *****.
TOO "BMWish?" HELL NO!!! This car is absolutely awesome in fit, finish and quality. The ride is very nice. Solid, but great ride quality. It handled like a dream IMO. Looks great, and the interior is off the rictor scale on detail.

If you really want what you describe, but still love the GM V8 muscle... go GTO!!! Trust me!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Scotty, this is coming from me now so take it for what its worth. I loved my Trans Am, but for a daily driver it just wasnt all that I wanted. It was a great weekend car and I loved it for the styling it had and the performance it had, but I'll be honest, unless I was WOT or somebody was checking the car out it wasn't that great to just cruise around in.

The GTO is head and shoulders above the F-Body in fit and finish. I also wanted something that was stylish, classy, and sophisticated but something that was still sporty and that could move when need be. And I'll sit here and honestly tell you that its everything I thought it would be. I'm still in break in so I havent hammered on it yet but tossing it around curves I know I'm going at least as fast as I was in my Trans Am yet it feels so much more smooth, controlled, and predictable.

Go and take a test drive and see what you think. When I test drove the car I loved everything about it. And the more seat time I spend in mine the more I appreciate the little things that set it apart. Couldn't be happier with my decision.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by josh99ta

That's all I needed to hear.

I'm waiting now to hear back from the kid that wants to buy my Z, so hopefully he'll take it off my hands and I can get into a Goat. I think I'm going for either Quicksilver or IBM and likely an M6 since all my past cars, including both Z28s, were A4s. Wish I could afford an 05 with the LS2 (who knows? Maybe I can), but I'll likely just end up going with the LS1.

Great to hear that you enjoy yours and I love the pics in your other new thread. Glad you finally got what you wanted and I hope you continue to have fun with it Josh!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I really think the only thing the GTO needs to really be stellar in the handling department is a bigger sway bars to eliminate a touch of body roll and some good tires that can actually stick. Obviously you can take it further than that but those two things would make it head and shoulders above where my Trans Am is now with a ton of money sunk into my suspenion on it. Just something about that IRS rear that makes the car much more predictable and makes you feel much more comfortable pushing the car to its limits and still feeling safe.

Its just funny how nice the car feels. Fenster and I were cruising around going down some backroads and we were moving pretty good but not really pushing the cars to their limits. I was just riding and listening to the radio following him. We got to the end of the road and he called me and said we were doing 70-80mph down the whole road and I was shocked. I was really just following him and not even paying attention to the speed. In an F-Body those curves would have felt like you needed to be at full alert and on your Ps and Qs above 60mph but the GTO just felt as smooth as butter around them.

Its just amazing to me that you can have a car that is as fast as an F-Body and that handles as well as an F-Body but can be leaps and bounds ahead of it in fit, finish, and ride. As long as you like the styling I dont think you can go wrong at all in a GTO.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad you like it josh, i love mine.

Quick Reply: Potential Buyer, Have Questions...