Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Differences in the years?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and 04's will be rarer than the 05-06 being that is was a completely different vehicle made for one year out of a three year stint of vehicle....but thats besides the point. lower numbers= more rare....but I didn't buy it because of that...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

I can guarntee you that the 04's are not going to be worth anymore that the LS2 models in later year. ven then for it to be valued like your speaking the car will need to be parked in a garage under a cover for the next 10-15 years and be in MINT condition with minimal miles when it comes time to collect on that car.

I can understand what your saying though, you like the car because you dont see as many 04 GTO's than the 05-06 models right? and you want to be that little bit of different....
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

no, I like the LS1 and I like the single side exhaust. Everything I do to my car can be reversed and its not driven a ton, so in the future maybe it will be worth something maybe not....I bought it cause I wanted the car since day one, and when I got tired of driving my other vehicle I decided it was time to buy what I wanted. So I found a great condition, low mileage, ls1 gto because it was exactly what I wanted. I could have easily bought the TR 06 that is still at my local dealers lot, but I wanted an 04.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00ws6spd
gotza,you're so right!!I suck at my job,have no idea what I'm doing.
That's why I drive the kind of car I do.Shame shame.
I guess you think GM is buying Chrysler too,right?But I wouldn't know anything,I only work for GM,so you tell me...
I am right and I'm not saying you suck at your job, anyone can sell stuff, but you are wrong on the facts of the GTO because YOU did not lead the research team to bring the GTO to the states, neither did I, but I DID personally speak to the person who did.... (Mr. Sawruk) so I am a little bit more inclined to listen to him over a hack like you...
Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Teh Wicked
I can guarntee you that the 04's are not going to be worth anymore that the LS2 models in later year...

maybe not now, but no one knows in the future... these cars might not be worth crap, or they could be worth a ton... who knows, but to say the 04 GTO won't be worth more then the 05/06 is ignorant. The fact is, the 04 is more rare then the 05/06, not saying that will drive the price alone (demand for LS2, scoops, ect..) but the 04 is the first year for the return and the 40th anniversary for the GTO....

I'm not saying that one or the other will be worth more, but no one can tell untill there is a demand (or not) in the future. Hell look at the AMCs, those weren't worth crap when they were made, but now they are making a come back... oh well, my GTO won't be worth crap either way, its been in an accident and it hardly has anything stock left on it.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

im speaking from a perspective looking at the older muscle cars...EXample: Chevelle SS 454, Camaro SS, GTO Judge, Mustang Boss, DZ Camaro, etc.

all of these cars was manufactured for several years but only the ones with the more powerful engines are desired. honeslty I dont thing the LS1 GTO's wont be worth as much cause there are plenty of different cars with that engine in it for alot of years. hence why there is a much bigger aftermarket performance parts demand for them. nothing wrong with that car at all, it is a spectacular car and can be made fast as hell, but I just dont seeing it being more valueable just because it was in a GTO for 1 year.

the LS2 is in few vehicles now, the GTO, Silverado SS, Z06, and another car that i cant think of off the top of my head.

where as the LS1 came in the C5 Vette's for a number of years, Trans am 98-02, Camaro SS 98-02, 04 GTO, and probably a few others that I cant remember.

of course this is all speculation, im just basing my opinon off past vehicle and there platforms and what holds it value now.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

The LS2 is in the BASE Corvette (NOT the Z06), the GTO, the TRAILBLAZER SS (NOT the Silverado), the Cadillac CTS-V and the Chevy SSR.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

The Silverado SS does indeed have a 6.0L LS2 in it...I know this cause I have friends who own them.

the current C6 Vette has the 6.0L LS2 and the C5 Z06 has the LS2
Old 02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Silverado SS does indeed have a 6.0L LS2 in it...I know this cause I have friends who own them.

the current C6 Vette has the 6.0L LS2 and the C5 Z06 has the LS2

no....i'm sorry, but that's wrong man...

The silverado SS uses the 6.0L, 345 HP LQ9 Vortec engine....

The C6 vette does use the LS2...

the C5 Z06 does NOT...it uses the Gen-III 5.7L LS6 (405 HP)
Old 02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Old 02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeepBlueZ
no....i'm sorry, but that's wrong man...

The silverado SS uses the 6.0L, 345 HP LQ9 Vortec engine....

The C6 vette does use the LS2...

the C5 Z06 does NOT...it uses the Gen-III 5.7L LS6 (405 HP)

+1!!!

I love my LS6 in my GTO BTW...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Im an idot, I dunno what the hell i was thinking...maybe I just had 6.0 stuck in my head. I know them trucks have that motor and I guess my brain was farting or something, or maybe I was thinking about the trailblazer SS...I was actually lookingat a Silver Silverado SS right before I deployed and I even popped the damn hood and told the guy "Hey, I thought this had a 6.0 LS2", and he told me it was a 6.0 but not the LS2. thus I done my research and finally figured out it had the LQ9... God I feel like an idiot now.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

i didnt buy my 04 gto cause i thought it was rare or anything else. i just liked the platform, color, engine, trans(m6), and low miles for the year(only 13K), and i got a GREAT deal on it. considering ive only had it for 45 minutes now, i cant stop ******* smiling.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jamesSS
i didnt buy my 04 gto cause i thought it was rare or anything else. i just liked the platform, color, engine, trans(m6), and low miles for the year(only 13K), and i got a GREAT deal on it. considering ive only had it for 45 minutes now, i cant stop ******* smiling.
then your purchase was worth every penny.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im an idot, I dunno what the hell i was thinking...maybe I just had 6.0 stuck in my head. I know them trucks have that motor and I guess my brain was farting or something, or maybe I was thinking about the trailblazer SS...I was actually lookingat a Silver Silverado SS right before I deployed and I even popped the damn hood and told the guy "Hey, I thought this had a 6.0 LS2", and he told me it was a 6.0 but not the LS2. thus I done my research and finally figured out it had the LQ9... God I feel like an idiot now.
no prob dude....everyone makes mistakes.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I still haven't gotten mine. It had to be transported from another dealer in Georgia, and there was a mixup where they were to drive mine here to pick up a new jeep to take back, but the buyers of the jeep backed out so it delayed mine getting here by a day. Then I could not get it today cause I had to work all day. I will be taking delivery of it tomorrow evening after work. I am so excited. A buddy of mine that lives down where the dealership is in TN said he saw it at a gas station today getting filled up. Shortly after they called and said it was cleaned up and ready to go. Thanks for the clarification on the color name (think it was DeepBlueZ). I am excited to finally see and drive it. got my wheels picked out already and ordering a wing delete for it tomorrow!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Yea,that is a really rare car,I'm sure you'll love it.GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO WAIT....
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DeepBlueZ
then your purchase was worth every penny.

hell yeah. only problem now is i have to mod it. and prices for these things are a lot more than the f-body i was looking at. and i have no idea what im going to do for exhaust.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
Well, I still haven't gotten mine. It had to be transported from another dealer in Georgia, and there was a mixup where they were to drive mine here to pick up a new jeep to take back, but the buyers of the jeep backed out so it delayed mine getting here by a day. Then I could not get it today cause I had to work all day. I will be taking delivery of it tomorrow evening after work. I am so excited. A buddy of mine that lives down where the dealership is in TN said he saw it at a gas station today getting filled up. Shortly after they called and said it was cleaned up and ready to go. Thanks for the clarification on the color name (think it was DeepBlueZ). I am excited to finally see and drive it. got my wheels picked out already and ordering a wing delete for it tomorrow!

No problem.

Good luck with it.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got her wed night. Love it so far. Have a few things that will need to be fixed under warranty though. Power mirror button does not work, vol down turns vol up and vol up sometimes mutes radio (steering wheel controls), and the seatbelt light and beep will go off randomly even while I am buckled up. Other than that, its great. My Top Shelf wing delete will be here tomorrow, and will be done tomorrow night. Anyone else seen a Barbeados Blue car wingless?

Quick Reply: Differences in the years?