Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

500-515whp???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Also, on a side note, there arent that many proven turbo kits out there nowadays and many need additional modifications to fit, or you have to have a kit custom built. With the procharger you can buy a kit that you know will fit with minimal modifications and will be extremely realiable.

Yes Sir... to both replies!!
Old 05-09-2007 | 08:47 PM
On The Tree

??? I know what your saying about the torque but at the track your not usually leaving off idle. Plus, too much torque down low and your blowing the tires off unless you have the car fully built for the strip and are using a slick/drag radial. Look at some of the top drag cars, plenty are using pro-chargers. Look at a few of the mods on this board that have prochargers and are running 10s/9s. If your going for a max effort all out build and want to hit low single digit times then a large single turbo is the way to go but the ds1c has put people into the 9's and f1r's, f2r's, etc have put others even lower into the single digits.
As far as power vs 1/4 mile times I've never really been impressed. That's all I'm saying, I'm not saying the can't be fast. Also I'm just talking about the GTO's, not the f-bodies.

Also, on a side note, there arent that many proven turbo kits out there nowadays and many need additional modifications to fit, or you have to have a kit custom built. With the procharger you can buy a kit that you know will fit with minimal modifications and will be extremely realiable.
APS & Gen TT.
Old 05-10-2007 | 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf2005
As far as power vs 1/4 mile times I've never really been impressed. That's all I'm saying, I'm not saying the can't be fast. Also I'm just talking about the GTO's, not the f-bodies.

APS & Gen TT.
True both kits look very promising but how long have they been offering them? From what ive read they are stand up companies with years of experience, but still there are countless other turbo companies that have had issues or folded on this site to deem them as reliable or as well backed as procharger. I didnt realize you were only talk about gto's and prochargers though as I havent had much experience with those, only f-bodies, so my bad.
Old 05-10-2007 | 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

peter yet taunts me again with his twin turbo kit.

yes im saving and there are plenty of dd tt kits with 500rwhp
Old 05-21-2007 | 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

magnacharger, tune, and headers.....
Old 05-21-2007 | 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

that aps twin turbo kit =
Old 05-21-2007 | 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

True both kits look very promising but how long have they been offering them?
APS has been in the turbo system manufacturing industry for over 25 years so that should qualify APS as a proven and reliable supplier.

Peter
Old 05-23-2007 | 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf2005

APS & Gen TT.
I got the GEN-TT and it is definitey not a "plug and play" unit. I guess with getting one of the first kits built for the GTO vs Monaro, I should have expected a few bugs. Overall, I love the kit. However, there were many extra hours figuring out how this fit there and so on. I won't speak for the APS since I don't have one but they have their issues as well. Just not as many as the GEN-TT.

Overall, still great kits to get some really good numbers for the goat.
Old 05-23-2007 | 07:57 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Keep in mind power is useless unless you can hook it. Keep that in mind when you're talking about what works best for each setup. I'm always going to be on 19" street tires with an automatic transmission, so me being able to feed any useable power through that setup and get any real feel of acceleration I have to pay attention to how that power needs to be delivered. Sure, a TT or Heads/Cam/Nitrous setup would put down insane power and torque but 1st and 2nd gear would be 100% useless from any speed. For me a Procharger is more ideal because down lower it's not building as much boost (or as much power or torque) but it gradually feeds the power in as the RPMs (and speed) climb, making it easier to hook the power and actually feel the acceleration. For me its not about track times or how much power/torque I put down on the dyno, its about feeling the pull when I want to feel the pull, and not just roasting the tires into oblivion. Prochargers definitely have their place in the market.

If I had a 6-speed car where I could gradually feed the power in a little better I'd be all over a TT or H/C/N20 setup but with the automatic when I hammer on it all I can do is hold on because there is no feeding the power in with part throttle gradually.
Old 05-24-2007 | 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
APS has been in the turbo system manufacturing industry for over 25 years so that should qualify APS as a proven and reliable supplier.

Peter
Hey Peter, yea im not trying to say you guys arent a reliable Turbo kit manufacturer as all the pics of your system and installs ive seen on here look to be top notch and with minimal fitment issues, im just stating that there have been quite a few turbo kit manufacturers on here that have folded and cost people TONS of money so im always weary when someone says "oh yea this company is reliable as procharger", thats all.
Old 05-24-2007 | 10:15 AM

That's one sweet setup...
Old 05-24-2007 | 05:56 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Peter, yea im not trying to say you guys arent a reliable Turbo kit manufacturer as all the pics of your system and installs ive seen on here look to be top notch and with minimal fitment issues, im just stating that there have been quite a few turbo kit manufacturers on here that have folded and cost people TONS of money so im always weary when someone says "oh yea this company is reliable as procharger", thats all.
Understood my friend. I'm just saying that all turbo companies should not be tarred with the same brush.................APS has been supplying turbo systems for around 25 years and we always deliver turbo systems on time and 100% complete.

Peter
Old 05-24-2007 | 07:15 PM
Launching!

If I could afford APS,I would be all over it
225cc heads with good flow rates and a cam over 239/242 should be pushing the 500whp mark easily
Old 05-25-2007 | 02:22 AM
On The Tree

how about a big cam, L92 heads/L76 intake/TB, all ported, and 1 7/8th headers?
Old 05-25-2007 | 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks people! Now a question for LS1 camaros....do H/C/I systems make good daily drivers? how reliable are they? are they more reliable than say, a procharger or APS?
Old 05-26-2007 | 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Here you go................550 rwhp at 7 PSI on pump fuel.

More info on the link below, http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/ls1/us_gto.htm

Pm me if you have any questions,

Peter

Damn that looks sweet!
Old 05-27-2007 | 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by INDIGO 5.3
Damn that looks sweet!
And is awesome as a daily driver.

Peter
Old 06-15-2007 | 06:18 PM
Teching In

Default TT Price

Originally Posted by INDIGO 5.3
Damn that looks sweet!
Anybody have a price on what this TT costs? I am not seeing any vendors in the US that carry it. Trying to compare this to a Maggie...
Old 06-17-2007 | 06:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by barrob326
Anybody have a price on what this TT costs? I am not seeing any vendors in the US that carry it. Trying to compare this to a Maggie...
APS ships GTO twin turbo systems direct from Australia to US customers so pm me at any time if you need any tech info on the twin turbo system or if you like any other info, link to GTO web pages below.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/ls1/us_gto.htm

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-17-2007 | 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Like already mentioned APS twins could get you there or A Procharger, check out my sig