Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

stock muffs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007 | 09:05 PM
Teching In

Default stock muffs?

how do the stock mufflers sound with long tubes and off road x? i like the tone they have now stock. just curious as to how they sound with the lt's and without cats. would it be to quiet? close to as loud as a 2chamber flowcrapper?
Old 05-19-2007 | 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually I thought it wouldn't make a huge improvement in sound but it did and a nice tone now. She sounds a good bit meaner
Old 05-20-2007 | 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

Stock muffs are cool. It sounds like you are on the road to getting that $1000 catback HP and sound for a reasonable price. The only thing you "might" have a problem with is highway drone. Post your results.
Old 05-21-2007 | 03:38 PM
Teching In

We just deleted our hi flow cats and it really woke it up. I wish we had done that when we first put the SLP L/T.

If you havent already done this, you should. You'll be happy with the end results.
Old 05-24-2007 | 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

I run Kooks LTs, Catted mids and a stock cat-back.. the sound is great. Idle is fairly quiet but a nice rumble, same with cruising and WOT is just a great loud tone!
I may soon be swapping out for a Magnaflow cat-back hoping for the same sound just a little more power!
Old 06-15-2007 | 06:55 PM
Teching In

Default LT w/o Cats

What is the risk of running LT's w/o Cats? I have heard that you need a tune or you might hurt the engine, is this true?

Any suggestions on what the best LT and Catless Mid setup (taking price into account) would be?
Old 06-16-2007 | 06:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by barrob326
What is the risk of running LT's w/o Cats? I have heard that you need a tune or you might hurt the engine, is this true?

Any suggestions on what the best LT and Catless Mid setup (taking price into account) would be?

Kooks and ARH Long tubes for the extra money you get the best build, quality and fit as well as good stainless steel.

Stainless Works makes a decent header as well.. check for updated designs.

SLP's also get the job done nicely and come coated.

Pacesetters are the budget headers that will also get the job done for cheaper, but you have to have mid pipes fabricated and they're not stainless.

It's all up to personal choice and liking. All can be high temp coated or already come with it... also a personal choice.

I personally suggest Kooks or ARH's. I run Kooks and have had zero issues to date! Good luck with your decision!

Todd

Quick Reply: stock muffs?