Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Lingenfelter or K&N Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lingenfelter or K&N Intake??

I have a stock '04 A4. I will be getting the slp diablosport I ordered within the next week and I plan on getting a cold air intake next. I have narrowed it down to LPE and K&N. I just want to get your guys opinions on both. The positives and negatives. Imo the K&N looks better but I've heard the LPE relocates the IAT sensor behind the heat shield??
Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

The LPE relocates the IAT to inside the filter...yes inside the filter.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
I have a stock '04 A4. I will be getting the slp diablosport I ordered within the next week and I plan on getting a cold air intake next. I have narrowed it down to LPE and K&N. I just want to get your guys opinions on both. The positives and negatives. Imo the K&N looks better but I've heard the LPE relocates the IAT sensor behind the heat shield??
I have the Lingenfelter CAI for the 05 GTO. It doesn't relocate the intake temp sensor. The sensor is built into the bottom of the MAF on the LS2.

We ran my car on the dyno once with the LPE air filter on and once without it and the results were identical. So it's safe to say that wasn't a bottleneck for my airflow at all. The hot spot for the intake is the hot air from the radiator that blows directly on the intake tube. I wrapped my tube with heat barrier material and it made a huge difference a long as the car is moving to bring in cool air; it all heats up in traffic though.

Here's a link to an LS2 Heat Soak Reduction Kit
http://www.vectormotorsports.com/ind...mart&Itemid=28

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter or K&N Intake??