Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO..hmm good or bad..

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTO..hmm good or bad..

hey everyone i came across this ad..and just curious what you guys think..do you think i should look into this..good or bad deal..i think its a pretty good deal..not to fond of the color or year..but for that price and low mile i'm thinking other wise..let me know thanks
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=440
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barbados is probably the rarest of all GTO colors. If it is in good shape I would ****** it up!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah if everything checks out that's a killer deal.

You have good reason to be a tad suspicious, I would be. It is suprislingly cheap, maybe the owner wants a fast sale....

The Barbados Blue is one of the rarest colors that 04 GTO's were offered in along with Pulse Red and Cosmos Purple.

That car is an M6 so makes it more rare along with the color. I beleive they might of made more A4's, I think anyway.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Just give him/her a call and talk for a bit. It may be a theft recovery or salvage vehicle. Mine has a salvage title but I bought it after it was restored for 10k.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i emailed the seller and this is the reply i got..i'm skeptical what do u guys think..after i got this message i asked for the vin so i can check the car out.waiting for that reply..also do any of you know of the autotrader verified member/ buyers protection? i don't know too much about that if someone can fill me cause honestly it sounds like a bunch of bull..cause i know autotrader doesn't get envolved in between transactions, and don't ship vehicles..so i'm pretty sure this is a scam..anyways thanks

"Hello,

It`s still available ,it runs great , there is no body damage ,no dents or scratches , I am not aware of any problems with it , recently changed the tires, no leaks , there are no mechanical or electrical issues , it has been inspected regularely and I have all the service records to support that, clean title in my name , never been involved in an accident , very clean interior.. no rips or tears ,It`s never been smoked in .. it`s honestly a very clean car .It needs an oil change but my husband will get it done if we don`t sell in the next few days .
the price is firm because it includes shipping fees.I am currently in Vancouver , Canada ,
my husband got a job here and we just moved last moth .The taxes to register it here are
ridiculously high and we decided to sell it , we`re also having our first baby next month and we can use the extra cash .
I`m a verified member on autotrader so I can arrange to have it shipped out to your address for inspection
before you release the funds to me using Autotrader's Buyer Protection Program .It`s a risk free process,are you familiar
with this ?

Thanks

Last edited by MidwayAvenue; 07-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

seems like a great deal man, I would jump all over it.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Um sounds like a scam, we only recently were able to import GTO's into Canada, like maybe 2 weeks ago at the most, so no way was that car in Canada a month ago.

Quick Reply: GTO..hmm good or bad..